The Escape Bootcamp
Navigate your career change with clarity and confidence.
A weekend workshop. Limited to 15 places on a first come first serve basis.
London, UK: 10-11 June
Is it time to make a change? Or should you continue on your current path?
If you do change, what will you do instead? How can you transition intelligently? How can you utilise your current skills or build new ones? What about money? And what if it all goes wrong?
In one weekend, you’ll get clear on your next steps, gain the tools to make a change, and have the confidence to move forward.
A 2 day programme to get clear on your career next steps and build your Escape plan.
What you'll learn
- The future of work and your potential within it
- Which ingredients of fulfilling work are missing for you
- How much of a career change you need
- Common career change myths and how to avoid them
- The psychology of ‘stuck’ and how to get unstuck
- Ways to utilise your skills to create new opportunities
- How to build your Escape fund & transition intelligently
- How to act like an entrepreneur in your career
- Build an Escape plan with clarity and confidence
What do you get?
- The Escape Guide to finding direction
- 2 days of intensive & practical workshops
- Tactics, tools and strategies to reinvent yourself
- An Escape plan with next steps
- A group of likeminded Escape allies to support you
- Spending 2 full days working on your future
- A post-course private online community
- Delicious lunches, snacks, tea and coffee
Session 1: Introductions & Intentions
– Learn about Escape’s story, your instructor’s Escape story, and get to know your fellow bootcampers
– Set intentions: what do you want to get out of the weekend?
Session 2: The Future of Work & You
– Understand why workplace dissatisfaction is so rampant and what you can change in your personal situation
– Learn how future of work trends will affect you and what you can do to adapt
Session 3: Demystifying Career Change
– The #1 mistake most career changers fall for and how to avoid it
– Learn common career change myths and strategies to address them
Session 4: Career & Life Audit
– Examine your career and life to-date to get clearer on how much change you need
– Identify which core ingredients of fulfilling work missing for you
– Tactics to uncover your natural strengths and superpowers
Session 5: Uncover Your Values & What Matters Most
– Get clear on what kind of work gives you energy or takes it away
– How to use your values to make difficult and important decisions
– What do you desire? Get back in touch with your untapped dreams and life goals
– Where are you going? Uncover what your “Ideal Day” looks like and create a 5-year vision for your life
Session 2: Start Where You Are
– Learn three powerful tactics to uncover your interests and what makes you tick
– Become an “idea machine” and generate new ideas for yourself
– Learn how to think like an entrepreneur and design your own career
Session 3: Map Out Your Future Possibilities
– Uncover which interests, strengths, skills, and assets you’ll use to create new possibilities for yourself
– Draw a ‘Map of Possibilities’ to navigate your future and confidently choose your next steps
Session 4: What’s Stopping You? Fears, Doubts & Blockers
– Learn how to identify and overcome the ‘Blockers’ and obstacles in your way
– Learn how to trick your mind into doing important but difficult things
– Build your Escape Fund to transition intelligently
Session 5: How to Create New Opportunities
– Learn the 3 strategies successful career changers employ to create opportunities for themselves
– Launch your own Escape Project in an exciting new direction
– How to sustain your Escape and keep moving forward with purpose
The Bootcamp runs from 9:30 – 18:00 Saturday and Sunday.
The programme fee is £290 for early bird, £320 for general.
Includes lunches, tea, coffee, and snacks.
The weekend takes place at Work.Life in London Fields.
The new neighbourhood workspace is just minutes from London Fields, the Lido, Broadway Market, and the Overground.
Address: Work.Life, 1E Mentmore Terrace, E8 3DQ
“Before I escaped, I was a senior media executive navigating politics, pressures, overtime and restructures for over 12 years. I felt undervalued, unfulfilled, not living my full potential, depleted, and stifled.”
“Taking action was pivotal for my mindset shift. I shifted from often thinking; “Oh god, what if I fail?” to now thinking, “let’s treat this as one glorious experiment, where I will fail, learn and be okay.”
“I felt as though I was drifting in my job, with no real control. I was a management consultant for one of the Big Four. I joined the firm as part of a graduate scheme, but 5 years on, I was still there.”
“Before I escaped I was existing more than living. I felt like I had failed; like I’d blown my shot at a dream life, and was stuck in a bum job that while outwardly looked successful and impressive drove me insane.”
“I felt proud of where I had got to in my career because I was living out my childhood dream of travelling the world commentating on sport, but had reached a stage where it was no longer fulfilling because my personal priorities had changed.”
“I feel empowered, inspired and slightly taller. Fantastic programme filled with very relevant and useful tools. I’m looking forward to utilising these again.”
Kavita, March 2017
“It made me look at what I was good at, ask myself what I actually enjoyed doing (rather than what I thought I ought to enjoy) and when it was written down in front of me in black and white it became clear what I should do.”
Marina, 21 years running estate agencies
“Thank you again for helping me turn my life around so positively.”
Alice, March 2017
“It allowed me to test and challenge my thinking using constructive tools to reach a positive decision on which I have since acted.”
Sarah, lawyer for 25+ years (asked for and was granted a sabbatical the week after the bootcamp!)
“You gave me the chance to talk to other people in the same boat who I’d never have had the chance to speak with but who had similar, and also different experiences that could both accentuate and challenge my ideas. It was hugely liberating and reassuring to do this. Plus the luxury of dedicating time to myself was a pleasure, and something I am not good at doing otherwise. Thank you.”
“Genuine. No bullshit, just a well researched and honest presentation of what steps can be taken, what to expect when you take those steps, accepting that it’s going to be difficult at times and giving some perspective/understanding to the underlying emotions at play.”
“A great way to carve out some thinking time with a good framework and support group to make a change in your career.”
Kelly, 13 years in investment banking
“I have the tools and skills necessary for building my escape plan and executing it. I also felt that there my future was a lot more open and that is ok!”
Ross, 30, freelancer looking for next move
“A fantastic springboard event that has really helped clarify and declutter the range of routes I want to take going forward. The course doesn’t guarantee a prescription for success, but gives you all the ingredients and several recipes to try to create your own.”
Alex, 24+ years in investment banking
Just starting out? Avoid these career change myths.
In helping thousands of people escape into more fulfilling work, we’ve noticed a handful of common myths that stop people from moving forward.
We’ve compiled the top 5 misplaced myths into an ebook, free for you to download:
Top 5 Career Change Myths & How To Avoid Them