Is it time to make a change? Or should you continue on your current path?
If you do change, what will you do instead? How can you transition intelligently? How can you utilise your current skills or build new ones? What about money? And what if it all goes wrong?
In one weekend, you’ll get clear on your next steps, gain the tools to make a change, and have the confidence to move forward.
A 2 day programme to get clear on your career next steps and build your Escape plan.
What you'll learn
- The future of work and your potential within it
- Which ingredients of fulfilling work are missing for you
- How much of a career change you need
- Common career change myths and how to avoid them
- The psychology of ‘stuck’ and how to get unstuck
- Ways to utilise your skills to create new opportunities
- How to build your Escape fund & transition intelligently
- How to act like an entrepreneur in your career
- Build an Escape plan with clarity and confidence
What do you get?
- The Escape Guide to finding direction
- 2 days of intensive & practical workshops
- Tactics, tools and strategies to reinvent yourself
- An Escape plan with next steps
- A group of likeminded Escape allies to support you
- Spending 2 full days working on your future
- A post-course private online community
- Delicious lunches, snacks, tea and coffee
Session 1: Introductions & Intentions
– Learn about Escape’s story, your instructor’s Escape story, and get to know your fellow bootcampers
– Set intentions: what do you want to get out of the weekend?
Session 2: The Future of Work & You
– Understand why workplace dissatisfaction is so rampant and what you can change in your personal situation
– Learn how future of work trends will affect you and what you can do to adapt
Session 2: Demystifying Career Change
– The #1 mistake most career changers fall for and how to avoid it
– Learn common career change myths and strategies to address them
Session 4: Career & Life Audit
– Examine your career and life to-date to get clearer on how much change you need
– Identify which core ingredients of fulfilling work missing for you
– Tactics to uncover your natural strengths and superpowers
Session 5: Uncover Your Values & What Matters Most
– Get clear on what kind of work gives you energy or takes it away
– How to use your values to make difficult and important decisions
Session 1: Dream Big
– What do you desire? Get back in touch with your untapped dreams and life goals
– Where are you going? Uncover what your “Ideal Day” looks like and create a 5-year vision for your life
Session 2: Start Where You Are
– Learn three powerful tactics to uncover your interests and what makes you tick
– Become an “idea machine” and generate new ideas for yourself
– Learn how to think like an entrepreneur and design your own career
Session 3: Map Out Your Future Possibilities
– Uncover which interests, strengths, skills, and assets you’ll use to create new possibilities for yourself
– Draw a ‘Map of Possibilities’ to navigate your future and confidently choose your next steps
Session 4: What’s Stopping You? Fears, Doubts & Blockers
– Learn how to identify and overcome the ‘Blockers’ and obstacles in your way
– Learn how to trick your mind into doing important but difficult things
– Build your Escape Fund to transition intelligently
Session 5: How to Create New Opportunities
– Learn the 3 strategies successful career changers employ to create opportunities for themselves
– Launch your own Escape Project in an exciting new direction
– How to sustain your Escape and keep moving forward with purpose
- Saturday 8th April – Sunday 9th April 2017. Book Now.
- Saturday 6th May – Sunday 7th May 2017. Book Now.
- Saturday 3rd June – Sunday 4th June 2017. Book Now.
- Saturday 21st April – Monday 24th April 2017. Request Info.
Located at eco-retreat in Umbrian countryside – all inclusive 3 days/nights food, drinks & lodging.
The Bootcamp runs from 10:00 – 18:00 Saturday and Sunday.
The London-based programme fee is £290.
Includes lunches, tea, coffee, and snacks.
The weekend takes place at Work.Life in London Fields.
The new neighbourhood workspace is just minutes from London Fields, the Lido, Broadway Market, and the Overground.
Address: Work.Life, 1E Mentmore Terrace, E8 3DQ
“Before I escaped, I was a senior media executive navigating politics, pressures, overtime and restructures for over 12 years. I felt undervalued, unfulfilled, not living my full potential, depleted, and stifled.”
“Taking action was pivotal for my mindset shift. I shifted from often thinking; “Oh god, what if I fail?” to now thinking, “let’s treat this as one glorious experiment, where I will fail, learn and be okay.”
“I felt as though I was drifting in my job, with no real control. I was a management consultant for one of the Big Four. I joined the firm as part of a graduate scheme, but 5 years on, I was still there.”
“Before I escaped I was existing more than living. I felt like I had failed; like I’d blown my shot at a dream life, and was stuck in a bum job that while outwardly looked successful and impressive drove me insane.”
“I felt proud of where I had got to in my career because I was living out my childhood dream of travelling the world commentating on sport, but had reached a stage where it was no longer fulfilling because my personal priorities had changed.”
“I feel empowered, inspired and slightly taller. Fantastic programme filled with very relevant and useful tools. I’m looking forward to utilising these again.”
Kavita, March 2017
“Honestly, I felt that simply writing everything down was helpful. I also enjoyed the group and the open conversations.”
Ross, March 2017
“Thank you again for helping me turn my life around so positively.”
Alice, March 2017
“Great, engaging style. Honest, open approach. Great examples of yourselves or others who have made changes – provided confidence that a) we’re not alone and b) to think of the small changes rather than the big-bang, throw yourself off a cliff type approach”
“You gave me the chance to talk to other people in the same boat who I’d never have had the chance to speak with but who had similar, and also different experiences that could both accentuate and challenge my ideas. It was hugely liberating and reassuring to do this. Plus the luxury of dedicating time to myself was a pleasure, and something I am not good at doing otherwise. Thank you.”
“Genuine. No bullshit, just a well researched and honest presentation of what steps can be taken, what to expect when you take those steps, accepting that it’s going to be difficult at times and giving some perspective/understanding to the underlying emotions at play.”
“I have struggled to allow myself the time to really focus on what I am looking for in my career choices, what is important to me (or not!), analyse my values and feelings. [This workshop] enabled me to look and reflect on both the positives and negatives, breaking my ambitions down in to bite size manageable chunks.”