We partner with top-tier universities to deliver rigorous, selective graduate master degree & undergraduate for-credit programs online.
Landover, MD, United States
16 May 2013
Opportunity has expired
Join a highly energetic, innovative start-up company with room to grow.
Landover, MD, United States
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
- Manage the production of a variety of online content, including blog posts, infographics, white papers and more, for use across company blogs and third-party websites
- Recruit and manage a team of freelance writers and designers to produce content
- Ensure content is of quality by editing, fact-checking, proofreading and revising
- Independently manage work across multiple brands, maintaining each brand’s identity, style and strategy
- Offer insight and strategy for content ideation that improves SEO and brand marketing efforts
- Participate in quarterly content brainstorming sessions
Things That Should be in Your Background:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in journalism, English or writing
- Minimum of one to three years experience editing online content
- Knowledge of SEO and link-building strategies
- Ability to recognize quality writing and edit, fact-check, proofread and revise as necessary
- Strong proofreading skills and acute attention to detail
- Strong project management skills
- Knowledge of AP and Chicago styles
Other Attributes That Will Help You in This Role:
- Solid interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work on cross-functional teams
- Ability to accommodate multiple clients across verticals
- Multitasking skills, particularly to prioritize and manage assignments simultaneously
- Openness to feedback and direction
- Ability to remain organized and push projects forward without much oversight
Founded in 2008 by a unique team of education veterans with unparalleled experience, 2U, Inc., formerly known as 2tor, Inc., partners with preeminent institutions of higher education to deliver rigorous, selective degree programs online to students globally.
2U supplies universities with the tools, expertise, capital, and global recruiting needed to build and support programs of quality and scale.
- Technology: 2U develops state-of-the-art technology platforms that give universities the ability to deliver traditional offline curricula in a unique online learning environment.
- Instructional Design: Our instructional designers work closely with faculty to translate classroom courses into a compelling combination of synchronous and asynchronous online and real-world experiences, using the best educational and social technologies available. We work side-by-side with professors to evolve those courses. We make improvements as usage and learning patterns emerge and new technologies become available.
- Infrastructure: 2U provides the support infrastructure and the logistical components of our partners’ online programs. This includes comprehensive student support services from enrollment through graduation and beyond, as well as practical learning experiences in communities around the world.
- Resources: 2U makes an upfront investment of over $10 million in each of our partner programs. By supplying capital and global marketing capabilities, we enable universities to give high-performing students around the world a transformational educational experience.
Since our founding, 2U has partnered with some of the most prestigious research universities to deliver groundbreaking online degree programs. You can read about our partners here (www.2U.com/partners).
And if you’re ready to help our team (www.2U.com/team) build the next great movement in higher education, consider joining us (www.2U.com/careers).
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.