Accounting for International Development (AfID) arranges tailor-made volunteer placements from 2 weeks to 2 years with charities all over the developing world.
You could be training Tanzanians in bookkeeping, budgeting for a school in El Salvador, financial reporting for a hospital in Thailand or mentoring an INGO's new FC in Cameroon.
Subscribe to our Opportunities Email to keep up-to-date with new roles - eepurl.com/iqrAE
Or join our LinkedIn group - linkd.in/VlJd9NAfID is working with an international charity that helps improve economic and agricultural development in rural communities.
The Roving Finance Manager is a new (volunteer) position which will be part of the Senior Management Team. Reporting to the UK Board of Trustees, this role will have direct responsibility for the overall financial management and integration of the UK and Africa operations. The role will begin in the UK before being based in Bungoma (Western Kenya) and Arusha, Tanzania though with additional travel in country.
Flights and accommodation will be provided, including 2 return flights if the volunteer can commit to more than 6 months, visas, vaccinations, medical insurance, in-country transport, and a £200+ monthly stipend.
• Lead the development and implementation of the financial management strategy including integrated systems to deliver robust, transparent management and analytical reports.
• Develop individual training programmes for each member of the finance team acting as mentor
• Review the monthly management accounts and cash flow forecasts of each country and prepare the consolidated management accounts.
• Ensure that each country and the Group’s cash flow is clearly forecast and managed in order to meet operational needs.
• Ensure that appropriate finance systems are maintained, and that all procedures and controls are implemented.
• Supervise UK transfers and payments including payroll
• Ensure that all transactions are properly accounted for.
• Assist in the improvements in the finance system, as necessary.
• Provide support to finance staff, and work closely with them to ensure that financial information is accurate and up to date.
• Support the income generation team with donor narrative
• Supervise each office’s annual Audit to include the review of auditors as required and ensuring accurate year end accounts and narrative are completed in a timely fashion
Contribute to the newly formed Senior Management Team consisting of Country Director (Kenya); Country Director (Tanzania); Head of Research and Development (currently part of the Country Director TZ’s remit); Head of Programmes (Tanzania); Head of Research (Kenya); Head of Development (income generation and marketing, based in the UK)
• Experience of working in a developing country and understanding of the level and skills particular in financial management.
• A good balance of drive and facilitation/empowerment skills
• Working knowledge of relevant finance systems e.g. Quickbooks and other IT systems including CRMs.
• A natural leader with the ability to motivate, guide and develop/facilitate your team
• High degree of flexibility and a willingness to stay in remote and basic facilities
• Dedication and passion for the cause and a willingness to commit to six months up to one year in supporting ACE Africa’s development based in Bungoma (Western Kenya) and Arusha, Tanzania though with additional travel in country
For more information please first view www.afid.org.uk, contact us on +44 (0) 208 741 7000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also have a small number of UK based opportunities on our website.Please forward our details to any accountants in your network you think would be interested in our work.