Start on 1 April, 2013. The time commitment for the post is 6 months to 1 year. (For shorter periods, please contact us)
The applicant will become an operations assistant to all our teams which include the Programme Team, Operations Team and the Finance Team which makes up the WhizzKids United’s team as a whole. The applicant will be responsible for providing an efficient and reliable administrative support service to staff and volunteers. The post-holder will undertake a range of administrative, service and support duties. The applicant will be responsible for:
Assisting with the coordination of meetings, providing administrative support when necessary and minutes taking.
- General administrative duties and office logistics
- Assistance with the creation and adherence of policies and procedures
- Assisting with monthly finance activities and liaising with the finance manager.
- Assisting with HR operations and recruitment for the Durban office
- Assistance in research for our fundraising team
- Assistance in planning events and functions with our Marketing Team
We are looking for a motivated and hard-working person who is willing to work in a team-based organisation. The applicant should have a strong interest in working in the development/NGO sector and changing lives.
The applicant should:
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline OR currently enrolled in college/university studying a relevant subject
- Have a good understanding of English, both written and spoken
- Be able to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Ideally be passionate about football
This position is a non paid,
One of the main benefits to you is the chance to make a real difference in the lives of young South Africans infected and affected by HIV & AIDS.
It will give you the
opportunity to fully immerse yourself in South African culture and you will
have the chance to work alongside people from around the world. It is an
exciting, dynamic role and an exceptional opportunity for anyone looking to
gain experience in fundraising within a well respected and successful charity,
in particular this position will also provide a great range of experiences for
someone wishing to pursue a career in overseas development.
This is the role for you if you want a chance to put your skills to the test with a job that offers up fresh challenges every day. There are many opportunities to learn within a great team and in your free time you get the chance to explore the breath taking surroundings.