Airbnb is a community marketplace for unique spaces. We connect people who have space to spare with those who are looking for a place to stay.
3 Sep 2012
Opportunity has expired
Head of Sales
Lead a team of outstanding Inside Sales Executives in our Barcelona office
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
The Sales Manager is leading a team of outstanding Inside Sales Executives in our Barcelona office. The team is actively reaching out to property owners and hosts in our site to enable them to take full advantage of our marketplace. This is done with the highest level of competence and efficiency resolving user issues and concerns. We are extremely customer focus – we want every user's experience to be flawless. As the team manager you are not only highly KPI-driven, constantly supporting and motivating your team, but you are one of the world's most motivating managers, somebody that really makes a difference.
Moreover you implement the guiding principles of Airbnb culture: based on honesty, respect, teamwork and last but not least enjoying your workplace!
- Managing and directing sales operations for all Spain & Portugal.
- Managing a team of in-house Inside Sales Executives; future opportunities to grow the team.
- Provide outstanding guidance and training about the products and services of Airbnb to customers and to your team.
- Handle advanced customers or business partners that fall outside the purview of Lead Inside Sales Executives.
- Managing the overall performance analysis of existing programs and call data.
- Developing and supervising a team of representatives and preparing their performance reports.
- Monitoring and demonstrating the group productivity as well as the individual’s reports related to customer outcomes.
- Identifying and articulating reporting requirements, which includes targets, specific data, and anticipated outcomes.
- Identifying, recommending and supporting the implementation of various programs for the improvement of call center processes.
- Writing and conducting performance evaluations, making employment decisions.
- Setting up performance goals and targets for assigned team
- Preparing and develop schedules to ensure adequate staffing levels.
- Promoting Airbnb culture, which promotes job satisfaction and retention.
- Ability to inspire, motivate and support people.
- KPI driven and able to identify useful KPIs and motivate/manage team constantly.
- Raise the bar in achieving KPIs.
- Ability to work efficiently in a high demand, team oriented, and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to express ideas in clear and concise manner.
- Solid problem-solving skills and excellent Management skills.
- Ability to think tactically and identify significant success factors
- A highly structured approach.
- Entrepreneurial and/or consultancy background is a plus.
- Affable personality that blends into an innovative & vibrant start-up environment.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business management or any related field from an accredited institution.
- 2-4 years in a call center environment with management or supervisory experience.
- A proven record for successfully coaching and developing teams with large headcount.
- Stock options (specific roles)
- Quarterly Employee Travel Coupon (For Full Time Employees)
- Competitive salaries
- Paid time off
- Apple equipment
- Company social events and themed dress-up workdays
- Much more...
- Sounds like you? Great - why is your application not in our mailbox yet?
No instructions provided.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.