Airbnb is a community marketplace for unique spaces. We connect people who have space to spare with those who are looking for a place to stay.
Sao Paulo, Brazil
4 Sep 2012
Opportunity has expired
Business Research Analyst
Deliver high-quality strategic and tactical analysis for all operations in Brazil
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
Based in Sao Paulo, the Research Analyst will deliver high-quality strategic and tactical analysis for all operations in Brazil. A focused, hard-working and meticulous analyst, you will develop functional expertise in data analysis as well as in-depth and expert industry insight and knowledge providing the key insights and findings to build our new local and regional business strategies. You will support the management of our telephone-based workforce with analyses of productivity as well as forecasting future demand. The Research Analyst will be in direct interaction with the management team as well as exchanging knowledge with our global analytics team.
- Identify, build and report on operational Key Performance Indicators
- Collaborates with international research/analysis teams to share and develop knowledge
- Expertly ingests all current internal and external data provisions and come up with smart ways to present them in a concise manner
- Identifies new plausible data resources and builds a library of resources
- Build and maintain productivity tools for management and employees, such as internal sites, CRM systems, internal reporting and so forth
- Identifies techniques and work-flows to continuously improve our processes
- Compiles and initiates research plans based on scope of work and business objectives
- Assists in forecasting expected market behavior
- Identifies patterns in competitor behavior from disparate actions and develops theories on future actions through pattern extrapolation
- Actively monitors current trends and competitive landscape of the travel & tourism industry
- Utilise current and appropriate forecasting methods to develop geographic and industry related forecasts
- Interacts with management on a daily basis
- Masters or Bachelor's degree in a relevant field of study
- 6 months+ analyst experience within a competitive intelligence, business intelligence, or knowledge management unit
- Hands-on approach, getting things done fast and doing it yourself without the need to delegate
- Advanced Excel skills including pivot tables, graphing and general advanced functions
- Basic knowledge in strategic, economic, and financial analysis frameworks and models
- Experience utilising the internet and advanced researching skills to gather information from databases and news services
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior reporting and editing skills
- Must be a creative thinker
- Familiarity with CRM software (i.e. SalesForce) a plus
- Existing authorization to work in Brazil on a permanent basis is required
What we offer
- Freedom to implement your own event ideas and concepts
- The opportunity to join, grow and advance within a dynamic company with a strong international presence
- Stock options (specific roles)
- Quarterly Employee Travel Coupon (For Full Time Employees)
- Competitive salaries
- Paid time off
- Apple equipment
- Company social events and themed dress up workdays
- Standard Health Benefits as deamed by local requirements
- Much more...
No instructions provided.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.