Airbnb is a community marketplace for unique spaces. We connect people who have space to spare with those who are looking for a place to stay.
22 Oct 2012
Opportunity has expired
Business Analyst (Central and Eastern Europe)
Do you want to become one of the core foundations of the airbnb team?
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
Airbnb is looking for a talented Business Analyst to join the Central and Eastern Europe team in our Berlin office. Working as the Business Analyst you will deliver high-quality strategic analysis impacting operational decisions for the CEE region. You will combine expert industry insight and knowledge to build and maintain our local and national business development strategies. Additionally, you will become one of the core foundations of the team, supporting the management of our customer activation efforts and analyses of productivity. The ideal candidate for this position will be passionate and motivated, detail-oriented with hands-on approach to given assignments. Airbnb is a special place to work: Together, we work hard, we laugh a lot, we brainstorm non-stop, and we give the best high-fives in town. Responsibilities
- Collects and combines available data to prepare strategies for supporting management efforts and reporting
- Utilises current and appropriate forecasting methods to develop geographic and industry related forecasts
- Actively monitors current trends and competitive landscape of the travel & tourism industry
- Collaborates with international research/analysis teams to share and develop knowledge
- Expertly ingests all current internal and external data provisions and comes up with smart ways to present them in a concise manner
- Identifies new plausible data resources and builds a library of resources
- Builds and maintains productivity tools for management and employees
- Identifies techniques and workflows to continuously improve our processes
- Compiles and initiates research plans based on scope of work and business objectives
- Assists in forecasting expected market behavior
- Interacts with management on a daily basis
- Master or Bachelor degree in a relevant field of study
- 2+ years analyst experience within a competitive intelligence, business intelligence, or knowledge management unit
- Hands-on approach, great time management and strong creative thinking
- Basic knowledge in strategic, economic, and financial analysis frameworks and models
- Experience utilising the internet and advanced researching skills to gather information from databases and news services
- Advanced MS-EXCEL skills including pivot tables, graphing and general advanced functions
- Familiarity with statistical analysis software packages
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior reporting and editing skills
- Familiarity with SQL
- Quarterly Employee Travel Coupon (For Full Time Employees)
- Competitive salaries
- Paid time off
- Apple equipment
- Unlimited number of high fives
- Company social events and themed dress-up workdays
- Working in passionate team, actively shaping the world of shared economy
- Much more...
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.