Airbnb is a community marketplace for unique spaces. We connect people who have space to spare with those who are looking for a place to stay.
13 Mar 2013
Opportunity has expired
Head of Operations - Japan
Are you always one step ahead of the game?
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
The Head of Operations will be responsible for constructing and improving day to day business processes, helping to continue to grow and fulfill its mission. As the Head of Operations, you are not only highly KPI-driven, constantly supporting and motivating your team, but you are always one step ahead of the game. You are attentive to the smallest detail. In addition to achieving exceptional performance, must also be ongoing support for your team and one of the best motivators in the world, someone who really make a difference. You are resourceful and agile when solving any issue that comes up. Moreover you implement the guiding principles of Airbnb culture: based on honesty, respect, teamwork and not at least about enjoying your workplace!
- Managing the overall performance analysis of existing programs, systems and business operations for Japan
- Ensure that the Country Manager for North East Asia has the necessary information on performance indicators and that it is properly presented to the team
- Active involvement in developing and implementing new business operations
- Active involvement in recruiting the team
- Provide exceptional guidance and training on products and services Airbnb both customers and your team
- Identification and articulation of information needs, including objectives, specific information and anticipated results
- Identifying, recommending and supporting the implementation of various programs for process improvement
- Making and conducting performance evaluations, making employment decisions, setting targets and goals for the team.
- Prepare and develop schedules to ensure adequate staffing.
- Promote a culture Airbnb seeking job satisfaction and development within the company.
- Promoting Airbnb culture that promotes job satisfaction and retention
- Native Japanese language and market knowledge
- Ability to inspire, motivate and support people
- KPI driven and able to identify useful KPIs and motivate/manage team constantly
- Raise the bar in achieving KPIs
- Ability to work efficiently in a high demand, team oriented, and fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to express ideas in clear and concise manner
- Solid problem-solving skills and excellent Management skills
- Ability to think tactically and identify significant success factors
- A highly structured approach
- Entrepreneurial and/or consultancy background is a plus
- Affable personality that blends into an innovative & vibrant start-up environment
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business management or any related field from an accredited institution
- 3-5 years in a call center environment with management or supervisory experience
- A proven record for successfully coaching and developing teams with large headcount
Sounds like you? Great - why is you application not in our mailbox yet?
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.