Airbnb is a community marketplace for unique spaces. We connect people who have space to spare with those who are looking for a place to stay.
London, United Kingdom
15 Aug 2013
Opportunity has expired
London Community Manager
Wanted: Passionate Community Manager who loves sharing.
London, United Kingdom
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
Whether a flat for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.
The strongest communities are self-organized, needs driven, and are run by the people, for the people. The role of the Community Manager is to empower members to address their needs by connecting with others in the community through self-organized groups. Community Managers will rely heavily on their knowledge of interpersonal relationships, community development, and the Airbnb brand to cultivate successful group organizers and active membership.
- Develop community programming that empowers hosts to help and learn from other hosts
- Stay updated on community conversations, happenings, and sentiment
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with existing community members and group organizers
- Customize content for regular email newsletters
- Surface community stories and liaise with other teams on inter-departmental projects
- Relay Groups feedback to Product team
- Make recommendations to other departments on best course of community outreach
- Support Group organizers - identify best practices and develop content to share among host organizers
- Facilitate regular events for host organizers to learn from and support one another
- Organize occasional events to foster a sense of community and enable hosts to connect offline
- Ensure internal and external messaging to the community is aligned with Airbnb values
- Organize feedback sessions when HQ team visits local market
- Share knowledge and best practices with the entire international Community team
Excited about the power of collaboration? We’re looking for passionate, talented people to join us.
- Be a natural host. You’re friendly, personable - the kind of person who gets along with everyone. You remember everyone’s names and stories. You’re a natural connector.
- Ideally you’re already an Airbnb host!
- Be empathetic, patient, and have a genuine interest in empowering and supporting others
- Be skilled at engaging and motivating people
- Possess outstanding interpersonal skills and social intelligence
- Be professional and maintain authenticity of brand while representing Airbnb in all interactions
- Be an advocate of community members within Airbnb
- Be a go-getter and self-starter with a positive, solution-oriented attitude
- Be detail-oriented and organized. Be able to synthesize information and relay useful feedback internally
- Be an excellent communicator - articulate and compelling, with strong written and verbal skills that align with the Airbnb tone
- Be self-motivated and enjoy working independently
- Be flexible and excited about adapting to new situations, responsibilities, and an ever-changing startup environment
- Currently living in London and/or has lived in London for 5+ years.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.