A great opportunity for a ‘fast track’ individual to get real hands-on responsibility and commercial experience in a successful, start-up environment.
Who we are
AnyJunk is a privately
owned company founded by former banker, Jason Mohr. We have quickly become the UK’s largest junk clearance
service for homes and businesses. Our combination of service excellence, smart
technology, and environmentally responsible disposal (we divert from landfill
more than 86% of everything we collect) has allowed us to develop and lead a
completely new industry. We have won
multiple awards and are the UK’s only nationwide junk removal brand. Non-execs
on our Board include industry experts like Jimmy Gibson (CEO Big Yellow
In addition to our core man & van junk removal business, we recently launched the UK’s first price comparison website for skip hire, www.skipandbin.com, which is rapidly redefining the skip hire market. This year we are also launching an online consumer brand for skip hire.
We are looking for a “right hand man / woman” to Jason, the founder and CEO. This is a perfect opportunity for someone with 2-4 years professional business experience (e.g., consulting, management training scheme, financial services, law, accountancy), to work in a “start-up environment” - somewhere that values intelligence, talent, commitment and getting real stuff done over face time, perfecting presentations and the usual corporate stuffiness.
Working closely with and reporting to the MD, your initial focus areas will be:
- identifying, analysing, defining and executing business improvements and growth opportunities at www.anyjunk.co.uk
- expansion of www.skipandbin.com , the UK’s no.1 price comparison site for skip hire
- rollout of a new online consumer brand for skip hire
- project management and implementation of technological innovation projects, working with our third party technology partners
- Outstanding academics, including 2.1 or better from a top tier university
- A minimum of 2 year’s business experience at a blue-chip brand
- Very comfortable with analysis (excel, databases)
- At home with technology
- Commercial by nature & eager to take on real responsibility for growing a business
- Pragmatic and hands on – a “doer” not just a “thinker” – and able to demonstrate this through your work and achievements outside of work
- Sociable and fun to have around the workplace
- Eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship
What we can offer
- An initial salary of £35-£45k per annum depending on experience (plus potential for equity and/or a performance bonus once you have established yourself as a key member of the team)
- Immediate start date
- A truly meritocratic environment
- A relaxed, supportive and dynamic culture
- Genuine hands on commercial experience rather than lots of chit chat and PowerPoints!
- The fun and challenge of working in a young, innovative business full of opportunity
- A base close to central London with easy transport links – Earlsfield, SW19 London