UK's no.1 largest junk removal company
London, United Kingdom
26 Apr 2013
Opportunity has expired
Paid Sales and Marketing Intern
Looking for a bright and enthusiastic individual to get some real hands-on experience helping to build a new venture within a fast-moving and successful start-up.
London, United Kingdom
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
A great opportunity for a bright and enthusiastic individual to get some real hands-on experience helping to build a new venture within a fast-moving and successful start-up.
Who we are
AnyJunk is a privately owned company founded by former banker, Jason Mohr. We have quickly become the UK’s largest junk clearance service for homes and businesses. Our combination of service excellence, smart technology, and environmentally responsible disposal (we divert from landfill more than 86% of everything we collect) has allowed us to develop and lead a completely new industry. We have won multiple awards and are the UK’s only nationwide junk removal brand. Non-execs on our Board include industry experts like Jimmy Gibson (CEO Big Yellow self-storage).
In addition to our core man & van junk removal business, we recently launched the UK’s first price comparison website for skip hire, www.skipandbin.com, and also a national skip hire consumer brand, www.loveskips.com
We are looking for a bright, proactive and enthusiastic intern to help develop our new www.skipandbin.com comparison site. This is the perfect opportunity for a young grad to gain some experience of working in a real "start-up environment" - somewhere that values commitment, talent, intelligence and getting real stuff done.
You will be instrumental in helping to build and shape the success of this new business venture under the wider www.anyjunk.com brand and will gain real exposure to what is involved in setting up a new business.As with any start-up we're looking for someone who is happy to muck in and help out with anything that needs doing. However, your main focus areas will be:
- identifying and approaching new partners for the expansion of www.skipandbin.com, the UK’s no.1 price comparison site for skip hire
- Managing and developing existing skip hire partners
- Assisting in online marketing and A B analysis
- Copy writing
- ad hoc financial and commercial analysis and market research
- Confident, self-starter with a proactive approach - a "can-doer"!
- Strong and confident communicator - personable and engaging on the phone.
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing circumstances - get stuck in with what needs doing
- At home with technology
- Comfortable with Excel
- Sociable and fun to have around the workplace
- Eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship
- A paid, full-time internship of 2-3 months leading to full-time position within the company
- Flexible starting time (preferably asap)
- A truly meritocratic environment
- A relaxed, supportive and dynamic culture
- Genuine hands on commercial experience rather than lots of chit chat and PowerPoints!
- The fun and challenge of working in a young, innovative business full of opportunity
- A recently refurbished base close to central London with easy transport links – Earlsfield, SW19 London
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.