At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Be inspired every day. We’re perfectionists. Idealists. Inventors. Forever tinkering with products and processes, always on the lookout for better.
Santa Clara, CA, United States
14 Aug 2013
Opportunity has expired
Global Online Community Manager
Continue the spectacular growth of Apple’s highly successful support communities.
Santa Clara, CA, United States
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
The Global Online Community Manager will continue the spectacular growth of Apple’s highly successful support communities. In parallel, building upon this strong foundation, introduce new collaborative content types and interaction models which will provide our customers with exciting new ways to learn about their products, highlight their creativity and interact with Apple. This role is highly visible and requires superb abilities to build cross-organizational consensus, organize ideas and communicate them to stakeholders within the community and Apple.
- Must have:
- Proven ability to develop an idea, build broad, cross-organizational consensus and sponsorship and carry it forward to implementation and operational management.
- Excellent communications skills with particular strength in written communications and presentations.
- Superb understanding of social media trends and industry direction coupled with the ability to identify the most important applications of these trends for integration to Apple Communities.
- Strong management skills.
- Firm command of strategic communications principles.
- Proven ability to work effectively with a project team responsible for content delivery tools such as search and content categorization, online communities and other web-based support tools to deliver an unparalleled online support experiences.
- Knowledgeable in:
- Basic understanding of Internet technologies.
- Familiarity with product support technologies and processes.
- Working knowledge of the use and/or implementation of various web traffic analytics tools.
- Familiarity with leading Discussions and Community platform vendors and how their products can be deployed, configured and enhanced.
- Concrete understanding of content authoring and delivery principles and how these can be complimented by online communities.
- Conceptual understanding of Online User Experience principles.
- Possess proven management skills, directing employees working at both strategic and tactical levels.
- Provide long-term, strategic goals and expertise in defining Apple’s Global Online Community direction and take the lead in implementation.
- Direct employee engagement in the community at multiple levels and across languages and cultures. Guide these resources in developing a comprehensive understanding of and measures for community interaction, identifying barriers to participation, sponsoring new ideas and translating these findings into technical requirements, policies and process improvements for the communities platform. Implement, communicate and enforce policies within the community, especially by working with the Moderation Team management.
- Refine community communications strategies, including messaging within the online community, conference calls, in-person meetings and other outreach programs.
- Work across a broad team of community managers, hosts and moderators to establish key measures and set goals.
- Think creatively to identify strategies and activities that foster a sense of community, provide a welcoming and open environment where people can learn to use and support Apple products.
- Establish programs for increasing awareness and education of Apple’s products and services.
- BA/BS degree required, MA/MS/MBA preferred
- 3 or more years managing online communities is required.
- Demonstrated experience in social media and corporate collaboration is required. Experience with the formulation of strategic marketing programs, particularly leveraging online social media.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.