Ashoka is the first and largest global association of the world’s leading social entrepreneurs -men and women with system changing solutions for the world’s most urgent social problems. Since 1981 Ashoka has elected over 3,000 leading social entrepreneurs as Ashoka Fellows, providing them with living stipends, professional support, and access to a global network of peers in more than 70 countries.
London, United Kingdom
11 Jun 2014
Opportunity has expired
Venture and Fellowship Volunteer
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, bright & detail-oriented individual with a passion for social entrepreneurship to join us for 3months
London, United Kingdom
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, bright and details-oriented individual with a passion for social entrepreneurship and innovation to join our team for 3 months. The role will primarily involve working on Ashoka’s core programmes, Venture (the search and selection of leading social entrepreneurs in the UK) and Fellowship (supporting elected Fellows through connections, strategy, communications and events). The Venture process involves carrying out careful research into potential Fellows, and presenting detailed background information in a persuasive format about the strongest candidates. Fellowship activities involve organising events, logistics, building community and brokering partnerships.
The successful candidate will have experience of the citizen sector (social sector/ not-for-profits) in their extra-curricular activities, and a track record of taking initiative. The role would suit someone who is inquisitive and self-motivated, organised and details-oriented, enjoys analysing social enterprise models and is excited to build Ashoka’s community partnerships.
We expect the candidate to enthusiastically join in our core organisational activities as well. This is a great opportunity to experience working in the not-for-profit or social enterprise sectors and take on considerable responsibility.
· Carrying out research into leading social entrepreneurs in the UK
· Evaluating candidates with the Venture team and presenting research on short-listed candidates in the form of a concise ‘profile’
· Assisting the co-ordination of annual Fellow Selection Panels
· Attending networking events to raise Ashoka UK’s profile and increase the number of applications
· Meeting with leaders in the non-profit / venture philanthropy world to build our network of nominators
- Co-ordinating events and meetings for Ashoka Fellows and experts from the business sector
- Supporting the Fellowship Manager in programme operations and tracking
- Administrating new engagements with business experts and donors, and strengthening relationships with existing partners
- Support the UK team with database management on Salesforce
· Provide day-to-day admin support to the UK team
Required Skills and Experience
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Demonstrated track record in producing high quality written materials
· Ability to work productively, proactively and independently, on own initiative
· Excellent time management skills
· Organised and detail-oriented· Experience in the citizen sector, either as a social entrepreneur or a volunteer, trustee etc.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.