Ashoka is the first and largest global association of the world’s leading social entrepreneurs -men and women with system changing solutions for the world’s most urgent social problems. Since 1981 ...
London, United Kingdom
11 Jun 2014
Opportunity has expired
Communications and Events Volunteer
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, bright & creative Communications & Events volunteer to join us for 3 months.
London, United Kingdom
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, bright and creative Communications and Events Intern with a passion for social entrepreneurship and innovation, to provide core ongoing support to all aspects of Ashoka’s internal and external communications and events. The successful applicant will be working on Ashoka UK’s key communications campaigns, organising events, as well as interacting with our international and UK fellows. This is a great opportunity to gain insight into Ashoka’s valuable wider network of system changing entrepreneurs.
· Support the UK Comms team in communications and outreach campaigns, including time sensitive campaigns with corporate partners
· Engage the team in our communications efforts, working collegially within the UK and Europe
- Manage daily social media calendar: Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, YouTube
- Manage and curate rich content for Ashoka’s social media channels, e.g. video, image and audio content
· Support logistics and planning for events organised and/or attended by Ashoka UK team
· Support logistics and planning for international fellows and staff visiting the UK
· Content creation and curation for Ashoka UK events (online and offline)
· Support with online Ashoka Global events, e.g. monthly #SocEntChat on Twitter
- Support the UK team with database management on Salesforce
· Provide day-to-day admin support to the UK team
Required Skills and Experience
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Demonstrated track record in producing high quality written materials
· Ability to work productively, proactively and independently, on own initiative
· Excellent time management skills
· Highly organised, efficient and detail-oriented
· Experience in the citizen sector, either as a social entrepreneur or a volunteer, trustee etc.· Experience of content management systems (CMS), social media, email marketing tools and online content applications
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.