The British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) supports, promotes and develops the art forms of the moving image - film, television and video games - by identifying and rewarding excellenc...
London, United Kingdom
19 Feb 2013
Opportunity has expired
Consultant – Commercial Projects
Commercially savvy creative business type wanted for part time consulting at incredible organisation involved in Film, TV, Games
London, United Kingdom
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
The Consultant will be working across a variety of areas at the core of BAFTA’s business. These can be summarized as Archive, Partnerships, Production and IT. It is therefore important that the person who fills this role meets the following criteria:
- An understanding of both BAFTA’s charitable and commercial remit;
- Organised, efficient and able to prioritise effectively;
- Excellent communication skills to all members of the organisation;
- Experience of managing projects;
- An understanding of the IT needs of a small but rapidly growing office, including IT best practice as well as the data management needs of various teams;
- A fast learner who can get up to speed with the various Archive projects that are underway and help to guide the team on resource and funding requirements/project prioritisation;
- Knowledge of the processes and day-to-day workings of a small yet busy Production team;
- An understanding of brand partnerships.
- Manage the relationship with BAFTA’s outsourced IT provider, helping to prioritise and monitor projects;
- Assess the IT needs of the Production, Partnership and Archive departments to ensure they are fully supported and operating to their optimum efficiency;
- Support the Archive team with project tracking and goal setting;
- Review the existing routes to commercializing BAFTA’s photography and how these could be supported/improved;
- Support the Production department with commercial acquisitions/commissions as well as reviewing the Production landscape (identification of event to be filmed through to edit/sale and analysis of associated costings (budget vs. actual);
- Review the existing Partnership portfolio and analyse the cost of servicing the existing partners;
- In conjunction with the Learning & Events team and the Partnerships team, identify limitations on or opportunities for growth as well as future targets;
- Have an awareness of the relationship with our outsourced international distributor of the Film Awards and the types of discussions that take place with regards to other content sales.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.