Ben’s Cookies has been baking delicious cookies since 1983, originally from a small shop in Oxford’s Covered Market and now all over the world - from Covent Garden to Gangnam.
Bath or London, United Kingdom
16 Mar 2013
Opportunity has expired
Help bring Ben's Cookies into the digital world.
Bath or London, United Kingdom
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
We want to develop our activity on social media, improve our eCommerce website to grow our delivery business and establish a mobile presence to make it easier for our customers to enjoy our cookies either in our shops or at home.
You’ll be reporting directly to the CEO, with mentoring from an external advisor with over ten years’ experience in all things digital. You’ll be given plenty of coaching and support, but will need to be resourceful and entrepreneurial to be successful.
We start from a strong base: we’ve gathered almost 20,000 Likes on Facebook in spite of our limited activity and think there’s a huge opportunity to grow this number and engage with fans of the business. We’ve been delivering boxes of cookies for a few years, but know that there’s huge scope for improvement.
We think this is an incredible opportunity to help shape an iconic brand’s online presence, and are looking for someone who is talented, entrepreneurial and passionate to join the Ben’s team.
Who we’re looking for
We want an incredibly smart, energetic and hard-working graduate with a passion for entrepreneurship who’s a fan of Ben’s Cookies.
- Well-educated: You’ll have either a 2:1 or first-class degree from a leading university
- Creative and entrepreneurial: you’ll have demonstrated some entrepreneurial spark - started something, made something, organised something.
- Structured, numerate and analytical: your creativity is guided by a reflex to break problems down into smaller parts, and an instinct to use numbers to help guide your decisions.
- Well-written: Impeccable spelling and grammar is a given; your covering letter will stand out from those of the other applicants.
- Active in onilne social media: - you’re probably an active tweeter, perhaps have a blog and will already have signed up to Vine, if only to check it out. Know a little HTML? Even better.
- Passionate, ideally with a soft spot for Ben’s cookies: You’re enthusiastic by nature; we’re sure there’s a fan of Ben’s out there who’s perfect for this job.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.