People build companies to follow their passion, not do accounting. So we built Bench to do it for them, letting them get back to what they love.
1 Oct 2013
Opportunity has expired
$42,000/yr plus benefits!
Junior Staff Accountant
Dynamic Accountant Wanted for an Awesome Start Up in Gastown
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
$42,000/yr plus benefits!
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
We're a laid back group of people working hard on a tough problem. Bookkeeping is a universal point of pain for passionate people trying to pursue their dreams. They want to run their businesses, not do accounting, so we make that disappear. While the sex appeal of the problem may seem lacking, we genuinely believe that solving society's big problems is super sexy. And so are you.
Bench is not your average accounting firm. We've built our own technology that automates most of the day-to-day bookkeeping. We have a brainy team of technologists and AI specialists that work along side our accountants. We're backed by venture capital. We're going after an otherwise ignored market segment and we're using an approach no one has used before.
Looking to get your CA/CMA/CGA/CPA? This is the place to do it. You'll get real responsibility on day 1 and be put in front of clients by week 2. You'll be managing others by month 6. Our accountants aren't bean counters. They do sales and strategy in addition to debits and credits, and are always working on interesting new problems.
This is an awesome multi-faceted role that beats the pants off audit or tax. But it also requires a well-rounded, talented individual to pull it off. That's where you come in.
When you throw in with us you're not only joining a cool company working on a wicked problem. You're joining at the inflection point – possibly the coolest time to join any company. This is an extraordinary leg of our journey, and becoming instrumental to the team now would pretty much make us best friends forever.
Here are some of the things you'll be getting up to:
- Prepare financial statements and present them to your clients
- Consume delicious craft coffee in our wicked gastown loft office
- Brainstorm improvements to our service and software, based on your daily interactions with clients
- Entertain your clients with your good-natured wit and charm
- Completed a Four-year Bachelor's degree in Accounting by your start date
- Some work experience in accounting or bookkeeping
- Be generally awesome to work with and be around
- Currently enrolled students and recent grads still looking for their first accounting work experience should mosey on over to our Accounting Intern position!
- This is a full-time position, because we want to spend lots of time with your wonderful self.
- Starts at $42,000 annual salary, plus health benefits and education subsidies for those pursuing a designation.
Sound like something you'd like to take on? Go to our website https://bench.co/careers.htm and hit the 'apply' button and let's get started!
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.