Bitly is based in NYC's Union Square. Benefits include Macs with huge monitors; a team that eats lunch together almost every day; flexible hours; frequent guest speakers; company-sponsored trainin...
New York, United States
5 Mar 2013
Opportunity has expired
Marketer? Growth hacker? Televangelist?
New York, United States
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
At the end of the day, you are the person responsible for bringing Bitly to a larger audience — both strategically and tactically.
Bitly recently relaunched our consumer product offering to reinvent the way people save, organize, and share links. Now we’re looking to grow the audience for our newly expanded use-cases and transform into a mainstream consumer brand.
We’re looking for a marketing professional with real world experience in driving brand awareness, customer acquisition, conversion, engagement and loyalty.
You have an analytical mind with a penchant for understanding consumer brands and how they are perceived. Ideally, you have the experience to blend traditional marketing techniques with contemporary methods and analytics.
This is a messy, hands-on role in a company that prides hackers and do-ers. You’ll have clearly defined goals, limited overhead, and a mandate to move fast — and will be expected to do so.
- Develop a plan to meet our growth goals, execute against it, analyze and report on the results. Rinse, tune, and repeat until we take over the world.
- Quantitatively analyze results to inform direction & strategy.
- Coordinate with our product, community, and design teams to get the right message out to the right people.
- Attract new streams of converting traffic to the site, optimize it for conversion.
- Ensure the “bitly voice” carries through not just in our marketing campaigns but also in all of our copy, design, etc.
- Drive awareness of the Bitly brand and what it means.
Ideally, you have
- Significant real world experience (at least 5 years) in marketing for consumer brands on the web. Brand marketing, community marketing, product marketing — you’ve done it all and can mix and match focus as needed.
- Expertise with modern technical tools of the trade: you can help instrument and analyze Google Analytics, funnel tracking, etc.
- Technical enough to get stuff done on your own. You’re not scared of modifying templates in our git repository, and if you don’t know what that means already, you have the desire to teach yourself.
- Experience in coordinating online marketing campaigns, events, soapbox derby races... whatever it takes to get it done. You’ve shown demonstrable impact in previous roles with regards to driving awareness and conversion.
- A keen understanding of the online world and an uncanny feel for brand resonance.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.