Black Mamba Foods
Black Mamba Foods
Black Mamba is a fair trade food brand, based in the African Kingdom of Swaziland. We make gourmet chilli products with fresh ingredients – and no artificial stuff! We believe passionately in sustainable farming and source our chillies locally from small growers. Through our Growers Programme we work with 50 women, who have been trained in permaculture and organic farming.
16 Sep 2013
Opportunity has expired
Support positive change in Swaziland by contributing to the growth of an exciting social and environmentally friendly business!
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
Our Chilli Venoms -Black Mamba, Green Mamba and Kingdom Cobra- are very popular in Swaziland, and are currently present in selected supermarkets, restaurants and tourist shops. The company has recently started exporting to South Africa and Germany.
Black Mamba started its Growers Programme in 2011, where small farmers –mostly women- are trained by the NGO Guba (www.gubaswaziland.org) into permaculture and organic farming and Black Mamba sources all the chillies they grow, allowing them to get a fair, sustainable income without having to leave their homesteads.
To date, 50 women are part of the Growers Programme. Black Mamba is also a member of SWIFT, the Swaziland Fair Trade Network. In order to grow and incorporate new small growers into its supply chain supporting organic farming, one of Black Mamba's main objective is to move the production facility to bigger premises, improve the production and quality control process and obtain an ISO22000 certification
JOB DESCRIPTION / 6 to 12 MONTHS
The production manager will be in charge of:
- Overseeing and managing the set up of the new production facility
- Setting up of correct layout of production processes
- Managing the ISO22000 certification process and obtaining the certification
- Managing the physical operations of the production facility
- Managing the operations staff, including training and motivation
- Managing procurement of ingredients and packaging
- Scheduling production and controlling inventory
- Managing quality control
- Regular reporting to MD
- During the last 3 months of appointment, train a local person to take over the job as production manager.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, production management, food technology or equivalent
- Specialisation in Food engineering is a plus
- Experience in food safety procedures and food safety
- Knowledge of HACCP or other food safety systems
- Willingness to work in a challenging but rewarding environment
- Computer literacy particularly MS Office (Excel)
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
- Sound planning and organizational ability
- Energetic and capable of working independently
- Hard working and self-motivated
- Strong numerical ability and all round business acumen to assist the business with growth and streamlining the production line
- Reliability and initiative
- Tolerance and patience
- Return airplane tickets from country of origin
- ZAR3.000/month to cover for basic expenses
- The opportunity to work in Africa, and to be part of the development of a social business that is willing to support women and the development of organic farming
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.