The UK membership body for non-governmental organisations (NGOs) working in international development
London, United Kingdom
1 Aug 2013
Opportunity has expired
£39,829 - 44,066
Organisational Effectiveness Manager
Bond is the UK membership body for organisations working in international development or supporting those that do through funding, research, training and other services.
London, United Kingdom
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
£39,829 - 44,066
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
You will provide project management services to support Bond’s major grants and contracts, including:
- Managing the overall process of reporting, both internally and externally
- Coordinating and ensuring reporting is made to donors, in particular performance against donor requirements, both financial and non-financial
- Providing account management with key donors; being the coordinating interface between Bond, its teams and external funding institutions
- Assembling data from our financial systems and CRM in order to effectively and efficiently project manage
- Developing and maintaining systems and processes in order to manage and report against donor requirements
Organisational Performance Management
You will help manage Bond’s internal planning, performance management and evaluation systems, supporting Senior Management to drive through improved delivery and outcomes. This will include:
- Coordinating and drafting of both quantitative and qualitative performance data and measures in order to track performance against operational plans.
- Coordinating and delivering periodic strategic reviews of performance against targets with management and staff.
- Provide advice and guidance towards managers in assembling and quantifying meaningful targets that measure organisational performance against operational plans.
- Help manage internal projects of both a capital and revenue nature, including project design, creating business cases, monitoring progress and measuring success.
- Project managing major organisational development opportunities
- Coordinate the objectives, outputs, outcomes and impact of development opportunities with prospective funding institutions (including government departments, domestic and overseas grant-making institutions and foundations)
- Develop ongoing working relationships with external institutions during the development process
Working with Bond’s Effectiveness and Learning Team, you will develop and provide a consultancy service delivering the effectiveness techniques devised by this team . This will be a revenue generating area providing paid-for services to the sector.
Reporting to the Director of Finance & Operations, you will be accountable internally to Bond’s senior management and externally to major, high profile and respected funding institutions and government departments, with domestically and internationally.
You will be educated to graduate level with ideally, some form of post graduate study coupled with substantial experience of project management gained at a variety of institutions, regardless of sector. However you must have a thorough knowledge of international development, the INGO sector and have had exposure to Government funded grants and contracts. You must have had experience of managing substantial projects, using techniques to both manage, control and measure progress and delivery.
You will be a very effective communicator, able to both influence and provide advice and guidance in an assertive and balanced way. With this, you will have both worked across teams and had managerial responsibility along the way.
It is essential that you have gained experience of working in the following key areas:
- Managing substantial projects in at least three institutions, ideally at least one of these must have been in international development
- Managing people in a project management capacity
- Managing performance and evaluation
- Planning, both organisationally and with projects
- Delivering against contractual terms
- Using project management tools such as MS Project
- Using monitoring and evaluation tools, including the Logical Framework (LogFrame)
- Using performance management tools, such as the Balanced Scorecard and TQE.
- Compiling and delivering reports to major donors and/or government departments
- Have worked with others in developing project bids for both charitable grants and contracts
The following qualifications are desirable:
- Bachelors degree at least 2:1 that included an element of business and/or economics is essential
- Post-graduate qualification (PgDip, MBA or Masters) or studying towards an MBA/Masters Degree is desirable
- Recognised project management qualification, such as PRINCE 2 is also desirable
- In order to deliver this role both happily and effectively, you will be:
- Engaging, being able to communicate with people at all levels
- Assertive, can make your views known in a clear and confident way
- Clear thinker, able to prioritise
- Can handle the pressure of tight deadlines and competing demands
- Reliable, will meet deadlines
- Convincing, able to influence across the organisation
- Able to work collaboratively, however will take the lead where appropriate
- Willing to “go the extra mile” when the need arises
- Confident in delegating within a team environment
- An eye for efficiency
- Natural commercial acumen, able to both devise and deliver grants and contracts in an economically sound way
Applications to be sent by email to the email address as follows: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your CV
- A covering letter of no more than one side of A4 explaining why you meet the criteria.
- Details of two refereesPlease note that at interview, a short test may be givenBecause of the anticipated high level of interest in this position, it is with regret that we will be unable to respond to all applicants.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.