BoP Connect designs and develops ICT-enabled products for the rural poor. We use cutting edge technologies to provide the tools for people to disseminate information, exchange knowledge and gain access to free markets, we use data dynamics to construct a holistic portfolio of solutions which contributes to development and empowerment of individuals and communities.
London / New-Delhi, United Kingdom
21 Oct 2013
Opportunity has expired
Experienced Fundraiser for Indian ICT4D Social Enterprise
Join a growing social venture that uses technology to empower smallholder farmers in India & Cambodia
London / New-Delhi, United Kingdom
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
BoP Connect is a social enterprise that uses technology to improve the lives of the most impoverished and marginalized communities on earth. We work with a range of partners in India and Cambodia to increase their intervention efforts through clever use of mobile applications, database software and data analytics. Our most recent innovations are in the areas of (but not limited to) Agriculture, Sanitation and project Monitoring & Evaluation.
Founded in 2012, BoP Connect is still very much a start-up. Throughout 2013 we have positively affected the lives of 75,000 people and aim to reach 500,000 bottom-of-the-pyramid (Bop) beneficiaries by December 2014.
To date we have been funded through our development partners (including USAID and Unilever) and we are currently looking to raise funding from social investment funds and through multiple corporate partnerships.
We are looking for an experienced fundraiser with an ability to engage a variety of stakeholders and an understanding of the processes required to ensure this function is successful. This position will require a commitment of 2 days per week for a 3 month period and could lead to a full time position for the successful candidate.
You will be responsible for:
- Researching and initiating contact with social investment funds & prospective corporate partners in the UK and overseas
- Identifying relevant grant funding opportunities and drafting high quality grant funding bids and tenders
- Providing creative input to the 'brand' image and organise the sourcing of branded materials
- Contributing to the company’s strategic planning activities
Required experience & skills
- A degree, or equivalent qualification in a relevant subject Experience in a fundraising position, preferably for a social enterprise or from a commercial background
- Experience of building relationships with funding bodies and investors
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail Ability to work under own initiative with very little supervision Desirable
- A passion for ICT4D and using technology for international development
- Deep knowledge of the Indian development sector
- Track record of creating partnerships or raising funds in an entrepreneurial environment
- Postgraduate degree in International development or in a related field
Please send your cover letter and CV to Gal@bopconnect.com
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.