We build markets, create jobs, and sustain peace by championing local entrepreneurs and connecting them to markets. In Afghanistan, Liberia & Myanmar.
New York, United States
22 Jul 2013
Opportunity has expired
Market Research Intern
Gain incredible experience working for this impressive social enterprise in New York.
New York, United States
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
- Analyze and summarize data gathered from the project in Liberia
- Assist with writing, editing, and formatting two market research reports on topics such as mining and agriculture sectors in Liberia
- Organize and help develop a new monitoring tool [needed to do second and third rounds of re-verification calls.
- Expert in the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel, and Publisher
- Experience and/or interest in Africa, preferably in West Africa, aid assistance in Africa and African mining industry
- Familiarity with Google Drive and other online, Google database related programs
- Background in research and academic writing, preferably having authored, edited, and formatted an academic article or thesis
- Monitoring and evaluation experience
- Previous overseas experience, preferably having work on projects relating to the extractive industry, natural resources, and/or agriculture
- Able to work independently, multi-task, and handle deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Graduate student, preferably in international studies, development, communications, economics and/or related fields
Interested applicants should email a CV/resume, cover letter with the subject line “Market Research Intern” to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 July 2013.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.