About usThe Carbon Tracker Initiative is aiming to improve the transparency of the carbon embedded in equity markets. This will be done by identifying the scale of unburnable carbon currently listed on stock exchanges around the world in order to demonstrate the systemic risk to markets.
This forms around 5 central workstreams:
- Assessing systemic climate change risk
- Challenging valuation assumptions and identifying stranded assets
- Accounting for impaired/stranded/sub-prime assets
- Investigating the Capital Raising process
- Exploring the contradiction between climate policy and markets