CDC Development Solutions (CDS) is seeking an experienced Kazakhstani professional to serve as Program Manager for a proposed USAID-funded project in Kazakhstan’s Karaganda region. The goal of the project is to build the capacity and competitiveness of Kazakhstani micro, small and medium enterprises. The position will be based in Karaganda.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
The Program Manager will report to CDS HQ and will be responsible for start-up,
implementation and management of a three year multi-faceted MSME business development program. Duties will include work planning, budgeting, reporting, maintaining government and client relations, and ensuring that all activities are implemented on time, within budget, and according to USAID expectations. The Program Manager will also provide program and financial management oversight, will supervise local staff, and will maintain regular communications with CDS and USAID/CAR.
• A university degree in business administration, international trade, international development,
economics, or a related field is desired, a master’s degree is a plus;
• At least 5 years of experience working in the private sector and/or on private sector
development projects in Kazakhstan or Central Asia
• Understanding of the development, political and SME environment in Kazakhstan;
• Familiarity with relevant government ministries;
• Knowledge of individuals and organizations active in the SME sector is highly desired;
• Experience managing local staff required and experience managing short term international
• Strong English, and Russian language written and oral communication skills are required.
• Kazakh is preferred.