The role: The successful volunteer will assist the Church to build capacity in the area of music. He/she will work with congregations to provide leadership, direction and organisation in developing the overall music programme of the church. Activities will include:
- training musicians,
- working with children in music camps,
- working with church music groups directly, and
- facilitating the introduction of new musical technology to congregations.
The requirements: Applications are invited from skilled musicians with the following attributes:
- Experienced in playing the piano and have a solid knowledge of church music. The ability to read music and play other instruments such as guitar and drums would be an asset.
- Good leadership, organisational, communication and people skills; able to coordinate and work well on their own initiative and with others.
This is an unpaid role and although accommodation and transport will be covered by the church, volunteers will be expected to pay for their own flights and daily living expenses.