Challenges Worldwide is an international development charity. We work on behalf of our local partners to match skilled volunteers to assignments in developing countries where their skills are urgen...
tbc, Sri Lanka
18 Apr 2013
Opportunity has expired
Do you have the skills and experience to support business consultants in Sri Lanka achieve consultancy qualifications? Spend 3 months supporting them to drive new business and make their services sustainable
tbc, Sri Lanka
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
3 months, beginning June 2013
Sri Lanka Enterprise Development (SLED) is a Scottish Government funded project providing consultancy services to SMEs, especially in remote rural areas. SLED aims to develop a sustainable programme of training and mentoring aimed at creating and expanding a local pool of qualified business consultants capable of delivering a range of services tailored to the needs of Sri Lankan SMEs. The project has now come to an end and we are looking for a volunteer who can provide support to drive on-going sustainability for the local business consultants’ services.
We require one business management consultant with business strategy, consultancy and mentoring experience. The consultant will provide:
- Mentoring to local business consultants to help them complete their qualification in consultancy
- Support local business consultants to work out their options for the future, and if applicable, develop a strategic plan
- Support local business consultants to drive new business development to ensure sustainability of their services
The ideal candidate will have
- Business strategy and new business development experience
- Experience of consultancy and of working with SMEs
- Experience of providing mentoring
- Experience of delivering qualifications preferred
- Experience of working in the developing world would be preferred.
Although unpaid, all expenses will be covered by us and our partner organisation. We provide return flights, insurance, inoculations, in-country accommodation and transport. You will also receive a daily stipend for meals and subsistence.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.