Challenges Worldwide is an international development charity. We work on behalf of our local partners to match skilled volunteers to assignments in developing countries where their skills are urgently required. For more details and a full listing of our assignments please visit the Challenges Worldwide website.
Port Au Prince,
4 Dec 2013
Opportunity has expired
French-Speaking Solar Installer
Use your experience in solar installation to help a technical trade school in Haiti to develop a renewable energy course for its students.
Port Au Prince,
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
Our partner organisation is a technical trade school in Port-au-Prince, Haiti, which offers training, certification and work experience in mechanics, construction and computer science. The school is currently looking for assistance from an individual or small team to help them develop a new solar energy training programme.
The school is aiming to provide young Haitians with a 10-12 month course in solar energy. The coursework will be divided into modules and complimented by opportunities for students to put their newly-acquired skills into practice. It is hoped that the training on offer will expand to encompass wind, hydro and waste to energy in the future. The role will involve:
- helping to design a curriculum,
- assessing the space and designing new labs,
- setting-up the necessary materials/equipment,
- training permanent staff to teach courses.
- At least 3-5 years' experience working in the renewable energy sector
- Experience of teaching or training at college/university level would be useful
- Experience developing teaching materials and curricula
- Experience designing, overseeing and implementing a renewable energy program
- Experience of working in developing countries
- Strong spoken and written French skills are required
- Familiarity with the challenges and opportunities of working with solar technology in the Caribbean would be an advantage
Please note that this is an unpaid voluntary role, however expenses such as flights and accommodation will be covered by us and our partner organisation. Volunteers will also receive a daily living allowance to cover the cost of food etc.
Please email your CV and a cover letter outlining the relevant experience you have and your motivations for applying to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.