Challenges Worldwide is an international development charity. We work on behalf of our local partners to match skilled volunteers to assignments in developing countries where their skills are urgen...
3 Feb 2014
Opportunity has expired
Social Business Consultant Trainers
Experience working with social enterprises? Spend 3 months in Myanmar supporting high-potential individuals and organisations to flourish.
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
3 months, from the end of March 2014
We are working in partnership with a client in Myanmar to support social enterprises – businesses which employ business approaches to meet social and environmental needs and make a positive impact on their communities.
Although increasingly popular, the concept of social enterprise in Myanmar is very new and there is still a lack of consistency in terms of the definition and understanding.
The objectives of this assignment are to build local business consultancy services to social enterprises (SEs) with a focus on inclusive businesses/organisations whose products, services and supply chain serve and engage with Bottom of the Pyramid consumers. This will also include providing business consultancies to revenue generating NGOs, businesses and SEs.
The Associate will support high-potential individuals who will commit to a three-month training programme involving classroom training (this will be facilitated by a separate trainer) and practical real-time business consultancy projects.
Management consultants with experience of working with social enterprises and small businesses and with expertise in; business planning, financial management and sales & marketing.
The role will involve:
- Supporting and mentoring 10 trainee business consultants in their work in business diagnostics and the consultancy assignments that follow from that – including mentoring trainees to assist social enterprises and SMEs to achieve consultancy deliverables
- Mentoring trainee business consultants in developing requisite skills such as business analysis and diagnostic reports, financial reporting, marketing and impact assessment
- Supporting its trainee business consultants in working towards a professional qualification in consulting (implementing what they have learnt and putting it into practice)
Successful applicants will have:
- Substantial experience working directly with social enterprises and small businesses
- Substantial business planning, financial management and sales & marketing experience
- Substantial experience of management consulting
- Experience in mentoring others
- Minimum 10 years’ experience
Although this is an unpaid role, the cost of flights, accommodation and insurance will be covered.
You will receive a daily stipend to cover day-to-day living expenses such as food and we will also make a contribution towards medical inoculations required.
Please tell us about yourself by sending a current CV and cover message to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing form you.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.