Challenges Worldwide is an international development charity. We work on behalf of our local partners to match skilled volunteers to assignments in developing countries where their skills are urgently required. For more details and a full listing of our assignments please visit the Challenges Worldwide website.
To Be Confirmed, United Kingdom
13 Mar 2014
Opportunity has expired
Overseas Business Mentors
Experienced business professional looking for a new challenge? Use your skills to support businesses & enterprises in low income countries
To Be Confirmed, United Kingdom
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
We have several new projects in the pipeline for Spring / Summer 2014 which require experienced business professionals. Although specific details for each project are yet to be confirmed, we’d love to hear from new and old members in our network who are available in the coming months.
Approximately 3 months (but this will vary from placement to placement)
We have a variety of upcoming positions to deliver strategic and organisational development inputs in order to help us grow inclusive businesses. We’d be particularly interested to hear from individuals with experience in the agricultural and clean energy sectors.
Each role is specific to the organisation but, in general, our Associates will:
- Provide overall business advisory services, support and training to the organisation in order to improve business plan and implementation
- Carry out a general diagnostic of the organisation, with the view of identifying existing and missing business functions and procedures
- Assist the organisation to identify new potential channels to markets / products / suppliers or to improve access and delivery of existing ones
- Help the organisation improve internal management systems including financial reporting, recording of sales channels and opportunities, suppliers etc.
- Proven experience in a business/ strategic development role
- Experience setting and devising objectives, strategies and tasks
- Experience of providing training
- Analytical skills with policy development and operational procedure development abilities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience with donors /fund-raising, or commercial experience working with profit-driven companies would be very desirable
- Self motivated with the ability to work independently
- Professional, flexible, resourceful, adaptable, creative and culturally sensitive.
Please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com
We'd be keen to hear about the skills you have to share and when you'd be available.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.