We are a pioneering association of professional service providers that deliver Consulting, Mentoring, Capital, Research and Project Management services via commercial and social enterprise vehicles to Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in low-income countries.
Since 1999 Challenges has grown a global talent pool of several thousand experienced Associates – business leaders, technical and professional services experts.
Through our Worldwide and Group organisations we have worked with partners including:
• INGOS - CARE, Oxfam, Christian Aid, Practical Action, Mercy Corps, VSO and the British Council
• Trade Intermediaries- Twin Trading and Traidcraft
• Bi-lateral programmes - DFID funded Business Innovation Facility and Swedish SIDA funded Innovations Against Poverty
• Managing Agents – BDO; Adam Smith International; PWC
• Impact Investors - AgDevCo, ERM, Ashoka, ManoCap, Injaro, African Agricultural Capital, E+Co, ACRE
• Awards – Ashden Awards for Renewable Energy
Over the last 17 years we have provided approximately £30 million worth of onsite business support to around 2,000 growth businesses in 40 countries. This has included support for businesses to access over £30 million investment while generating several million in trade linkages. We have seen increased revenues for our supported enterprises leading to increased employment opportunities in our markets.
We invest professional time, energy and skills where others don’t and where the potential for impact is highest, strengthening small businesses and helping them to grow.
We provide an intelligent mix of services to SMEs working in agriculture, renewable energy access, health, education, affordable housing, IT, and financial services.
We identify business opportunities and help to develop and implement viable business plans.
Our global network of professionals makes a real and lasting impact across the world – we transfer professional skills to achieve results, strengthening local organisations and businesses to enable sustainable growth. To date, Challenges Worldwide has successfully placed hundreds of professionals in capacity building roles across 35 countries, helping to grow over a thousand organisations.