SB.TV is the UK's leading online youth broadcaster covering all angles in and out of the Urban scene. With 6.3 million views in the past month SB.TV is the leader in its field of new media broadcasters, an online lifestyle channel attracting an audience of 13-30 year olds from across the world.
SB.TV is built on 3 core services which in their own stand as strong professional offerings.
Broadcasting - SB.TV started off as and will always continue to broadcast video whether for music, freestyle, acoustic, interviews or any other categories within youth culture. All content is hosted on SB.TV's YouTube channel which boasts millions of views.
Production - Starting from scratch all those years ago SB.TV naturally produce content and have grown and developed industry techniques to help compliment their production. SB.TV are used to shooting in fast and agile situations making the best of all locations and opportunities. Alongside they also shoot, produce, direct and develop music videos, documentaries and event material.
Editorial - With editorial experience from various printed urban publications, SB.TV’s blog team work day to day to provide news on the latest releases, films, music videos, artists and more
SBTV are looking to work with an apprentice for twelve months who will come in and assist on four different aspects of the company, for three months each, including; blog & social media, production, project management and merchandise design & strategy.
The apprenticeship is broken down as follows:
Blog and Social media
- Learn how to use word press for editorial purposes.
- Review regular shows and album playbacks.
- Produce regular content for the blog.
- Update stats across SB.TV social networks (Twitter, FB, YouTube) every week.
- Research and analyse other social networking strategies to further enhance our own engagement.
- Learn to use social media apps such as buffer and tweet-deck and then begin assisting the programming of our daily online interactions.
- Supporting the delivery of all aspects of production, which will include; booking of sessions, the review and retrieval of edits and developing the production process and aesthetic.
- To help with all aspects of the running of one major project, including; artist liaison, venue booking, budget and marketing, over the space of three months.
Merchandise design & strategy
- To assist on the research stage of product development.
- To assist on the design stage of product development.
- To create a marketing strategy to help with roll out of merchandise.
Earn while you learn
In addition to gaining direct work experience, throughout this 12 month apprenticeship you will work with a nominated training provider on a Creative & Digital National Vocational Qualification (NVQ Level 3). Please note that this apprenticeship requires that you spend one day per week at college working on agreed NVQ units.
Important note: You must be aged 16-24 and a non-degree holder to be eligible for training funding during the programme
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply online at the link below. When you have completed each page please tick the box at the bottom. Only when all pages are completed and boxes ticked will the 'submit' button appear at the end of the application. Once submitted you can return and edit your application up until the closing date of this apprenticeship.
Please note your details will be shared with SB:TV. Interviews will also be with Channel 4 and SB:TV
We will be holding an assessment day for this opportunity on Friday 7 June 2013 (for shortlisted candidates). If you are applying for this apprenticeship you must be available on this date.