ClearlySo provides corporate finance and financial advisory services to social businesses, social enterprises and impact investment funds to raise capital
London, United Kingdom
19 Sep 2013
Opportunity has expired
Available on request
Head of Distribution
Unlike the conventional finance sector, ClearlySo is a collaborative and flexible place to work. Come and join us over here!
London, United Kingdom
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
Available on request
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
ClearlySo is now looking to recruit a hands-on Senior Executive to manage and strengthen the team. The successful candidate will be very much part of the sales effort, as well as a member of ClearlySo senior management.
At present, the distribution team is managed on a part-time basis by ClearlySo’s CEO, which has worked acceptably to date, but will not be effective as the business continues to grow. The right candidate will either be a well-connected professional from the financial sector with sales and marketing experience, or someone outstanding with an extremely strong sales and marketing background from a non-financial company, but with a commitment to, and desire to get involved in, the social investment sector.
Remuneration will not match the conventional finance sector; but ClearlySo aims to pay at the higher end of the social finance sector, and this role will be paid in line with other members of the senior management team. All staff qualify for stock options after one year of employment, and bonuses based upon firm-wide performance.
The firm prides itself on having a highly-motivated team with an interest in working together to achieve co-developed objectives. Unlike the conventional finance sector, ClearlySo is a pleasant, collaborative and flexible place to work.
Activities and tasks
- Responsible for managing institutional and HNWI sales and distribution across all ClearlySo products
- Being actively involved in selling and marketing; especially at, but not limited to, the senior level at the relevant institutions. The successful candidate will enjoy actively “selling deals”
- Working with other members of the senior management team and distribution colleagues to maximise the sales impact of ClearlySo’s resources and its vast network of contacts
- Developing individualised campaigns to sell deals; typically involving debt or equity in private social businesses and enterprises or impact investment funds, managing these campaigns and then tracking performance. This will involve working with ClearlySo colleagues as well as the issuing clients
- Coming up with creative ways of reaching new customers via direct and indirect strategies
- Working with colleagues to develop the firm’s overall strategy
Required skills and experience
- At least ten years of relevant sales experience; either in finance or elsewhere
- Proven track record of success in selling
- The capacity to inspire and manage a strong team of individual salespeople (4 at present)
- Experience in recruiting and building a successful team
- A strong desire to comfortably fit into a highly entrepreneurial business, which currently has 15 team members
- Natural leadership skills
- The ability to enjoy the “wining and dining” of clients
- Knowledge of social impact investment or related fields
- Strong finance sales track record
- An existing base of institutional, HNWI or related contacts
- An understanding of - and passion for - social enterprise and using innovation to tackle the world’s problems
Please email your CV along with a covering letter explaining why you want to work for ClearlySo and why you are the right candidate for the position, to Jessica Duveen: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.