The Official Twitter Page for CNBC International. Follow us for breaking news and analysis from our editors and reporters. First in Business Worldwide.
London, United Kingdom
11 Sep 2013
Opportunity has expired
Great opportunity for candidates looking to build on existing experience in TV News production with experience in, or a passion for business, economics, and financial markets.
London, United Kingdom
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
The Assistant Producer is responsible for assisting in creating and producing CNBC‘s business news shows and show segments, working with the Executive Producer on overall content and production. The role is ideal for candidates looking to build on existing experience in TV News production with experience in, or a passion for business, economics, and financial markets.
- Assist in creating compelling business news content for CNBC’s core programming.
- Write scripts, create graphics and select video, soundbites and sound elements for the show.
- Building guest and reporter segments using iNews and CNBC’s in-house systems.
- Responsible for producing show graphics including straps, full frame graphics and video wall elements.
- Booking and pursuing top guests and work to develop new guest relationships.
- Develop strong reporting skills in interviewing and pre-interviewing guests.
- Develop strong news judgment through research, reading and pursuing relevant and compelling stories.
- Fulfilling an assistant gallery production role.
- Occasional assignment to CNBC’s live or pre-recorded outside broadcasts
- Ability to script and edit new packages.
- Communicate with news teams, senior producers and news editors, anchors and operations staff.
- Cooperate with other departments, especially operations, the gallery and graphics, to make the best possible programming. Work with CNBC global teams as necessary.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS
- University Degree or equivalent and a passion for/or experience in business news, economics and financial markets.
- Previous experience in TV News Production and monitoring, selecting and delivering breaking news
- Capability to handle short deadlines and work in a face-paced and demanding news environment.
- Strong communication skills,
- Knowledge of INews, Final Cut Pro, TV Production systems, TV graphic systems.
- Good understanding of the role of Social Media in news broadcasting and multi-platform delivery.
- Eligible to work in the UK
- High standard of written English
- Additional languages would be beneficial
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.