We are looking for a Financial Controller to join a family-run sixth form college for 3 days per week. Set in a residential street in Kensington, Collingham is one of the leading providers of A-level and GCSE education in South West London. This is a key role suitable for someone that has the people and technical skills to confidently manage and help optimise the finance function of a thriving business.Reporting to the Principal, with regular Board-level exposure, the role will be ideal for someone that is looking for some additional work-life balance after qualifying with a leading accountancy firm.
Your key duties will include:
- Management of all aspects of the finance function. This will include ensuring all payments and accounting records are maintained, accurate and up to date.
- Production of regular management accounts to ensure that senior management and directors have full oversight of the performance of the business.
- Development and production of KPI reporting and analysis.
- Assistance with year-end financial accounting.
- Specific process improvement and system integration projects.
- Management of a direct report.
You will ideally have the following skills and qualifications:
- A people person!
- ACCA/CIMA/ACA qualified, preferably with relevant post-qualification experience.
- Project management skills.
- Experience of working with