Comedy Central UK
Comedy Central UK
We show you funny things on the telly. Sometimes too often. But hey, nobody’s perfect. Look us in the eye and tell us you’ve never repeated yourself.
London, United Kingdom
14 May 2013
Opportunity has expired
Director of Business Development
Join and help develop the UK's biggest comedy network.
London, United Kingdom
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
The Director of Business Development will be responsible for developing and monetising comedy assets.
Objectives of the role include to develop and monetise new digital distribution channels across online, IPTV, mobile and second screen technologies and also to support the maximisation of revenue growth from Comedy Central’s existing more traditional media partners.Department
Comedy Central UK, a joint venture between Viacom and BskyB, is the UK’s biggest comedy network – comprising 4 channels - Comedy Central (and +1) and Comedy Central Extra (and +1); 2 websites - comedycentral.co.uk and southparkstudios.co.uk.
Comedy Central reaches 18 million viewers per month and is available on Sky and Virgin Media and all other key Pay TV platforms reaching over 12.4 million homes.
Aimed at 16-34 year olds we show the very best content from the UK and US including original commissions and productions such as the channel’s first narrative comedy Threesome, Comedy Central at the Comedy Store and The Alternative Comedy Experience. Acquisitions exclusive to us include the biggest shows from the US 30 Rock, South Park, The Office, Two and a Half Men with Ashton Kutcher and Friends.Key Responsibilities
- Developing a profitable, sustainable digital business
- Attract other sources of revenue to the linear channel
- Source and champion other business opportunities
- Bringing together stakeholders from other parts of the business and the wider Viacom Group of companies (MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount, BET etc.)
- Source partnerships that will benefit the business
- Supporting the VP of Commercial in platform and other commercial negotiations
- Assessing the commercial potential of production partnerships e.g. DVD production partnerships with stand up talent
- Proven and demonstrable track record in initiating and growing profitable revenue streams in the content sector from either within a start-up environment or by initiating and driving new opportunities within a larger organisation to successful and sustainable businesses
- Excellent negotiation skills with experience of concluding and executing deals on time whilst co-ordinating with multiple stakeholders
- Exceptional analytical and communication skills are essential together with the ability to prepare and present complex business plans to all stakeholders including the company’s senior management team
- In a rapidly changing market with a wealth of opportunity the candidate must demonstrate their ability to assess opportunities and prioritise those with the highest chance of success when weighed against the potential risks and rewards
- Relevant industry experience and business development contacts gained from a senior position in a commercial, content distribution or business development rolePrevious experience of managing revenue and operating profit lines to achieve agreed targets and objectives
We are looking for someone with an entrepreneurial ability who wants to be on the ground floor of what could become a strong, global comedy business. This person should have some experience in start-up businesses and some identifiable record of success. They need to be persistent and energised by challenges and enjoy working within a team.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.