Crowdcube is the world’s first and leading online platform using equity crowdfunding to raise business finance for start-ups and expanding businesses by enabling a crowd of over 70,000 investors the ability to invest from as little as £10 into the UK’s most exciting, young businesses. The equity crowdfunding market grew over 550% last year!
Exeter, United Kingdom
16 Nov 2013
Opportunity has expired
Legal and Compliance Officer
Legal mind needed for hot startup in sunny South West
Exeter, United Kingdom
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
An incredible opportunity to be part of the core team at one of the hottest startups in the UK.Why we started Crowdcube
Having founded, and worked for several entrepreneurial businesses we understand how difficult it can be to raise money to start and grow a small business. The task of securing investment is a notoriously perplexing and sometimes sluggish process that can be a struggle at the best of times. In today’s economic climate this has become even more challenging.
We want to give entrepreneurs the opportunity to take control of raising funding from their own network of friends, family, customers and strangers.
We also want to give people the opportunity to become an armchair Dragon and build their own investment portfolio supporting exciting new British businesses. Crowdcube is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (No. 572026).
Crowdcube require a Legal and Compliance Officer who will be responsible for the regulatory compliance functions of the company as well as more general corporate law.The successful candidate will have knowledge of the compliance function of a financial services company, ideally investment related, backed up with excellent knowledge of corporate law and a strong business acumen.
Disruptive, disintermediating and dynamic - We're not like any other finance company you've ever worked for!
The role will be very varied but the key tasks will be:
- Pro-actively ensuring compliance with financial services regulations and FCA rules
- Working with the investments team to prepare compliant financial promotions
- Preparation of internal and external reporting
- Liaising with external lawyers and advisors on compliance and regulatory matters
- Preparation of corporate governance documentation (Articles of Association, board minutes etc.) for companies who have raised money via Crowdcube
- Guidance on other legal matters for the company and creation and amendment of legal contracts and agreements
Skills, Knowledge and Experience required:
- Legally qualified
- Commercial experience (within a financial services or corporate finance company an advantage)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills in all forms including written, oral, email, telephone, and presentation
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Any understanding of Crowdfunding is advantageous
Essential Candidate Criteria:
- Law degree or similarly relevant degree
- Personal Qualities and Attributes - We’re looking for an experienced professional with a real interest in business and entrepreneurship. The individual needs to be ambitious, pro-active, resourceful and motivated.
Please send your CV to email@example.com
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.