Crowdcube is the world’s first and leading online platform using equity crowdfunding to raise business finance for start-ups and expanding businesses by enabling a crowd of over 70,000 investors the ability to invest from as little as £10 into the UK’s most exciting, young businesses. The equity crowdfunding market grew over 550% last year!
Exeter, United Kingdom
2 Jun 2014
Opportunity has expired
We've just hit a world record in fundraising and we're growing our team fast. This is your chance to get in on the ground of a company that has revolutionised the way businesses (including Escape the City!) get funded
Exeter, United Kingdom
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
Crowdcube require a Corporate Legal Executive who will be responsible for managing the statutory filings and corporate documentation required by companies raising funding on crowdcube.com. This will include building relationships with entrepreneurs and managing general company secretarial matters including drafting company Articles of Association; reviewing shareholder agreements and issuing share certificates. The successful candidate will have experience and knowledge of the corporate and company secretarial requirements of startups and growth companies, with a focus on investment, backed up with excellent knowledge of corporate and company law and a strong business acumen.
Salary: Depends on Experience
The role will be very varied but the key tasks will be:
- Working with the investments team to prepare investee companies for fund raising and to close fund raising on crowdcube.com
- Pro-actively developing internal processes and taking ownership of key client relationships
- Ensuring compliance with Companies Act 2006
- Preparation of internal and external reporting
- Preparation of corporate governance documentation (Articles of Association, board minutes, shareholders agreements etc.) for companies who have raised money via Crowdcube
Skills, Knowledge and Experience required or preferred:
- Legally qualified or non-practicing lawyer with at least 3+ years pqe; or experienced company secretary
- Corporate finance, corporate governance and company secretarial experience with chartered secretary qualification a strong advantage
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills in all forms including written, oral, email, telephone, and presentation with ability to take on responsibility for critical tasks
- Good mathematical and excel skills are essential and at least a basic knowledge of accounting will be an advantage
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Any understanding of Crowdfunding is advantageous
- Ability to work in a fast moving and innovative company
- Knowledge or awareness of SEIS and EIS tax schemes will be an advantage.
- Equity transaction experience including Angel and VC fundraising
Essential Candidate Criteria:
- Law degree or similarly relevant degree
- Personal Qualities and Attributes - We’re looking for an experienced professional with a real interest in business and entrepreneurship. The individual needs to be ambitious, pro-active, resourceful and motivated.
Send CV to email@example.com
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.