Crowdcube is the world’s first and leading online platform using equity crowdfunding to raise business finance for start-ups and expanding businesses by enabling a crowd of over 70,000 investors the ability to invest from as little as £10 into the UK’s most exciting, young businesses. The equity crowdfunding market grew over 550% last year!
Exeter, United Kingdom
24 Jul 2014
Opportunity has expired
Experienced financial whiz needed for top startup in the tropical South West
Exeter, United Kingdom
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
An incredible opportunity to be one of the first handful of employees at one of the hottest startups in the UK.
Crowdcube require a finance whiz to join our great young team in analysing the financial performance and position of companies seeking to raise money through equity and mini-bond issues on Crowdcube. The successful candidate will have strong credit analysis, financial modelling, commercial judgement and a good knowledge of cashflow modelling and corporate bonds. A strong understanding of the equity and mini-bonds fundraising process and the market for SME financing would be an advantage. The role will involve analysing and building financial forecasts and cashflow model - including P&L, Balance Sheet and Cashflow Forecasts – to create detailed cashflow models and sensitivity analyses based upon a sound understanding of the key commercial drivers of each potential issuer to independently assess their risk profile and their credit quality.
The role will be varied but the key tasks will be:
- Analysing company accounts and financial forecasts and feeding back areas of weakness and recommendations on the credit quality and risk of the potential issuer
- Creating new sets of financial forecasts and cashflow models and sensitivity analyses by liaising with the entrepreneur and gaining an understanding of their business and its key drivers for growth
- Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with entrepreneurs and the Crowdcube deal team
- Involvement in internal process control
Skills, Knowledge and Experience required:
- Strong corporate and commercial finance background
- Experience in business planning and forecasting
- Accounts analysis
- Strong communication skills in all forms including written, oral, email, telephone, and presentation
The following skills/knowledge would be an advantage
- Experience of working in a startup environment and of the SME equity or bond fundraising process
- Knowledge/experience of a wider range of financial products and instruments
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Any understanding of Crowdfunding and alternative finance
Essential Candidate Criteria:
- Qualifications- Degree Level
- Financial qualification such as ACA, ACCA, CIMA or similar qualification useful but not essential
- Financial modelling, equity and credit analysis experience
Personal Qualities and Attributes - We’re looking for an experienced professional with a real interest in business and entrepreneurship. The individual needs to be ambitious, pro-active, resourceful and motivated.
Send your CV to email@example.com
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.