News from Discovery Communications (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK), the world's number one nonfiction media company
New York, United States
19 Jun 2013
Opportunity has expired
Coordinator - Commercial Operations
Join the world's #1 nonfiction media company
New York, United States
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
Maximize revenue through accurate interpretation and execution per client supplied creative instructions as well as the effective sequencing of commercials, taking into account on-air appearance, spot parameters and fair and equitable spot rotation.
- Sequence assigned logs and maintain a select list of copy accounts for one or more networks, focusing on the maximization of commercial revenue
- Work with line sales to resolve any log scheduling problems including oversold situations, program pre-emptions, competitive issues, selling title discrepancies and constraints that are unable to be accommodated
- Clear exception bin several weeks in advance of air to give sales and continuity personnel adequate time for issue resolution
- Implement commercial changes to completed logs as necessary and ensure changes are confirmed through the appropriate channels
- Maintain updated, legible and accurate files consisting of copy instructions, commercial instruction reports and all correspondence with line sales, management, and agency contacts.
- Maintain creative assignment for select list of accounts within the commercial instruction management system
- Gather AEI and billboard materials for production. Confirm materials are accurate and up to date. Input billboard copy for assigned accounts. Back up specialist in creation and maintenance of AEI schedules as needed
- Act as back in the absence of other coordinators, specialist or manager
- Cross train on other department functions as time permits
- Assume additional duties as assigned or become evident
- 1+ year of media industry or related work experience
- Flexible work hours/overtime in conjunction with business needs/seasonal demands
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong quantitative analysis and creative problem solving skills
- Excellent written/verbal communication and organizational skills
- Able to multitask in a deadline driven environment
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.