DUMA (www.dumaworks.com) is a social job matching service designed for emerging markets. We provide workers and employers with an accessible and reliable network to connect with one another, based on their social contacts, job skills and hiring criteria, and geographic location. DUMA is the first social job-matching service catered to the short-term labor market.
Nairobi / Nakuru, Kenya
22 Apr 2013
Opportunity has expired
Software Developer in Kenya
Talented software developer looking to hack away world problems
Nairobi / Nakuru, Kenya
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
Perhaps you are inspired and enthusiastic to change the world. We are too. Maybe you are searching for that opportunity of a lifetime. We have it. If you are an intelligent problem-solver looking to transform the face of hiring in emerging markets: Apply today. Shake up your life with a challenging new experience that delivers positive impact.
About the company
Find work through your friends. DUMA (www.dumaworks.com) is a social job matching service designed for emerging markets. We provide workers and employers with an accessible and reliable network to connect with one another, based on their social contacts, job skills and hiring criteria, and geographic location.DUMA is the first social job-matching service catered to the short-term labor market. Without a matching system like DUMA, many of these chances to earn an income are missed. Our vision is to create an empowered society where no job opportunities are lost. Our mission: To be the developing world’s job matching system, and to enrich and empower a global workforce.
Position overview – SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
- Minimum 6 month full-time commitment to work from our offices in Kenya
- Architect and integrate business requirements into smart technological products
- Refine and recommend software as required
- Encourage and participate in knowledge transfer
- Bachelor’s degree or minor/certificate in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- Some experience or interest in building distributed internet-scale systems
- Self-starter with great verbal communication skills
- Analytical, demonstrating meticulous attention to detail
- Highly reliable, dependable and responsible individual who enjoys team collaboration
- Works under limited direction
- High integrity and honesty
- Fluent in English
Benefits / Compensation
- Join a team of passionate entrepreneurs and experienced advisors
- Get involved with a young startup, where independent creativity is highly encouraged
- Living expenses in Kenya covered
- Tons of “psychic income” for doing good in the world – priceless!
- Casual, fun office environment
- Experience the joys and adventures of living and working in Kenya
Interested candidates should send the following to DumaWorks@gmail.com with the subject line - “Application: Software Developer”:
- Your CV, including at least 3 referees
- Details of your availability
- Current salary and expected salary
- Sample URLs that exhibit your coding skills and prove you will be able to hit the ground running
Application Deadline: May 15, 2013
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.