Etsy is the world's most vibrant handmade marketplace. Our mission is to enable people all over the world to make a living making things. The growing Etsy community includes over 10 million members...
London, United Kingdom
31 Jul 2013
Opportunity has expired
EU PR and Communications Manager (Europe)
We don’t want you to be like everyone else, we don’t even want you to be like us—we want you to be like you!
London, United Kingdom
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
About the Position
As a key member of the European leadership team, reporting to the Head of International Core Markets, the PR and Communications Manager will lead the development and implementation of the communications strategy, overseeing PR, the blog, social media and partnerships. In other words, this role is about helping us tell, bring to life, and spread the Etsy story. This role could be based in London, Paris, Berlin or Amsterdam.
Specific duties include:
- Develop and deliver a communications strategy across PR, social media, and blogs for the region, with a focus on driving awareness of Etsy amongst new audiences
- Lead, manage and develop a team of 8 across 4 different countries to develop and execute local communications campaigns
- Develop effective relationships with the media and other partners in the region to bring the Etsy story to life and maximise its reach
- Work with the team to respond to press requests regarding photo shoots/product placement and editorial coverage, draft or translate press releases, and execute events in the region, including blogger meet-ups and press launches
- Work with the internal Creative Workshop team, manage the production, organisation and distribution of communications materials, e.g. promos, literature and branding for partner-run and Etsy events
- Must be able to work outside contractual hours when necessary. Additionally, travel may account for up to 25% of work time.
- Fluency in English a must, in French, German or Dutch a bonus
- Experience across multiple European markets essential
- Degree in a related field of study, with ideally 8+ years’ experience in PR, communications, social media or journalism
- Creative thinker
- Proactive and able to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Ability to thrive in a young and growing company
- “Hands on” and comfortable in a somewhat hectic, “do it yourself” environment
- Passion for handmade and/or vintage goods
- Sense of humour is a must!
Etsy is creating the world’s most vibrant handmade marketplace. We connect shoppers with independent creators and designers to find inspiring handmade goods, while providing makers with the platform they need to make a living, making things. We believe that every transaction tells a story, and value the relationship among makers and buyers. Etsy celebrates individual creativity in design and craftsmanship and connects unique people, stories, and products in a playful and meaningful way. We serve 25 million members in 200 countries.
If you’re interested in the job, please send a cover letter along with your resume telling us what inspires you about Etsy and why you think you are perfect for the team. As you’ve probably guessed, Etsy is a place that values individuality and variety.
We don’t want you to be like everyone else, we don’t even want you to be like us—we want you to be like you! So write to us, in your own voice. Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered. http://www.etsy.com/uk/careers/job/oxwpXfw9
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.