Etsy is the world's most vibrant handmade marketplace. Our mission is to enable people all over the world to make a living making things. The growing Etsy community includes over 10 million members in over 150 countries. Our sellers collectively list around 10 million active items, and in 2010 we sold over $300 million of goods. Etsy operates transparently and you can check in to see how the Et
Brooklyn, NY, United States
31 Jul 2013
Opportunity has expired
Our mission is to reimagine commerce to build a more fulfilling and lasting world. Join us.
Brooklyn, NY, United States
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
To be successful in this role, the Senior Accountant will work closely with the legal, tax, human resources, and operations teams to ensure all of Etsy’s global financial and operational goals are met.
About the Job
- Executes the usual accounting functions, which includes operating the general ledger system and orchestrating the month-end close work.
- Ensures the integrity of accounting information by properly recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering certain transactions in the ERP system.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information and assists in the accurate and timely preparation of the monthly and external audited financial statements.
- Ensures the assigned financial records are maintained in compliance with GAAP and with acceptable policies and procedures.
- Provides recommendations for the establishment of and monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures.
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; researching and resolving all discrepancies.
- Provides where possible general ledger tax information to support the tax provisions and the preparation of the annual tax returns.
- Supports the budgeting and forecasting activities when requested.
- Supports the treasury function as needed transactions.
The position requires an experienced accounting professional capable of managing multiple priorities in a dynamic, rapidly growing and fluid organization. You must be highly organized and skilled at creating structures and definition in situations that are uncertain or ambiguous – for a rapidly growing business. The successful candidate will adapt quickly to change and will champion the advancement of policies, structure, procedures, and controls that will enhance the finance function at Etsy.
- Four to six plus years of progressive experience in both in public accounting and in a fast-growing mid-tier company. Experience in working in a publicly-traded company is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting plus CPA.
- High energy level with a hands-on approach combined with the ability to provide leadership and structure in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Experience in presenting and communicating to key business owners and senior management from other disciplines.
- Experience in implementing and operating a mid-tier ERP system
- Experience working with foreign entities, consolidations and foreign exchange.
Etsy is the marketplace we make together. We have 25 million members in over 200 countries. In 2012, our sellers grossed more than $850 million in sales. Our mission is to reimagine commerce to build a more fulfilling and lasting world.
We're empowered and expected to be ourselves, share our ideas and figure out what we can each do to keep Etsy evolving. We have full company-paid benefits, including family and domestic partner benefits, humane working hours, couches, quiet spaces, lunch twice a week and handmade desks.
We're growing rapidly and are well-funded with a proven business model and established revenue to help us continue serving our community.
As you’ve probably guessed; Etsy is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else, we don’t even want you to be like us---we want you to be like you! So write to us, in your own human voice, and tell us what you’re all about. What gets you up in the morning? What excites you? What throws your whole day off and causes you to pull your hair out?
If you have a presence on the web that we can easily access (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn), we would love to read about you! http://www.etsy.com/uk/careers/job/o8JzXfw7
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.