Etsy is the world's most vibrant handmade marketplace. Our mission is to enable people all over the world to make a living making things. The growing Etsy community includes over 10 million members in over 150 countries. Our sellers collectively list around 10 million active items, and in 2010 we sold over $300 million of goods. Etsy operates transparently and you can check in to see how the Et
Brooklyn, NY, United States
31 Jul 2013
Opportunity has expired
Product Marketing Manager
Join us and have a huge opportunity to shape the story of the Etsy!
Brooklyn, NY, United States
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
About the Product Team
The product team at Etsy believes that the work we do is part of larger creative culture represented by the hundreds of thousands of inspired makers who make Etsy such a wonderful marketplace. Product Marketing Managers are the newest edition to the Product team, and have a huge opportunity to shape the story of the Etsy! You will shape communication strategy and set precedents for integrated product communication and marketing at Etsy. You’ll be working in a new role, and pioneering communication around new product innovations. We are changing the way commerce and the exchange of goods happens online and we need your help communicating this exciting news!
About the Job
As a Product Marketing Manager at Etsy, you would:
- Understand the complex technical features that impact multiple user types and weave them into a story around Etsy’s vision.
- Communicate with existing and potential buyers and sellers about high impact product enhancements and launches.
- Define, present and implement integrated communications plans around product launches, seasonal themes and more.
- Manage cross-functional teams around a united message-- work with support, PR, social media, community, engineering, product and leadership teams.
- Wear your creative hat, and develop innovative marketing initiatives.
- At least 3 years marketing with strong experience launching user-facing web or digital products.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills; understanding of Etsy voice.
- Comfortable talking to engineers about complex systems and how they impact end users.
- Proactive, can-do attitude with strong interpersonal skills- comfortable working with all functions and levels of the organization.
- Strategist and implementer- we are a small team, and need people ready to roll up their sleeves and make an impact right away.
- Demonstrated experience building schedules, organizing resources, managing budgets and coordinating cross-functional team.
- Experience promoting products through social applications, video and blogging.
- Experience working with communities, platforms and/or marketplaces is a plus.
- Above all you have contagious enthusiasm for and belief in the Etsy marketplace and vision!
Etsy is the marketplace we make together. We have 25 million members in over 200 countries. In 2012, our sellers grossed more than $850 million in sales. Our mission is to reimagine commerce to build a more fulfilling and lasting world.
Our offices are like this http://www.avc.com/a_vc/2010/09/the-office-matters.html and thishttp://www.officesnapshots.com/2010/10/11/etsy-offices/. We're empowered and expected to be ourselves, share our ideas and figure out what we can each do to keep Etsy evolving. We have full company-paid benefits, including family and domestic partner benefits, humane working hours, couches, quiet spaces, lunch twice a week and handmade desks.
We're growing rapidly and are well-funded with a proven business model and established revenue to help us continue serving our community.
We're growing rapidly and are well funded with a proven business model and established revenue to help us continue growing and serving our community. If you're interested in joining the team at Etsy, please send your resume, your portfolio or examples of some past work, and a cover letter telling us what inspires you about Etsy and why you think you are perfect for the team (resumes without a cover letter will not be considered).
If you contribute to an open source project, write a blog, or practice another craft besides product marketing management, that means something to us, and we would love to hear about it when you write!
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.