The goal of Fellow Robots is simple: to build reliable, inexpensive, high quality telepresence robots that are usable by anyone
Mountain View, CA, United States
22 Jul 2013
Opportunity has expired
Chief Executive Officer
Looking for an experienced business executive to lead the company.
Mountain View, CA, United States
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
Fellow Robots builds cutting edge personal robots – an industry primed for growth, predicted to be worth over $18 billion by 2015. The company was founded in September 2011. Fellow Robots is centered in the maker culture of the Bay Area and a team that experiments and prototypes constantly in the lab. The company has refined a final prototype and will begin manufacturing this year. Our team is currently seven people, six of whom are engineers and designers, and was founded out of the Singularity University program. Our lab is based at NASA Ames within the Singularity University Labs.
What makes us different? Fellow Robots is building a telepresence robot platform that allows for customized sensors and applications. We have identified various different sensor capabilities that make our robot more than just Skype-on-wheels. We are building personal robots that and engage developers to build customized tools on top of our seamlessly merged hardware-software robotics platform.
Fellow Robots is at a pivotal and exciting moment in our history. The company has been focusing on our flagship product Helo, a tablet-based telepresence robot, for the past 1.5 years, building 20+ iterations, and has sold 10 alpha bots that are being tested and used in the wild. We have gathered that customer research and used it to finalize our current design. We have the hardware of Helo finalized, the encasement designs near complete, a seriously intelligent networking and software system, and are getting ready to do our first manufacturing run.
We have a great team of makers, big thinkers, and doers at Fellow Robots.
Dan Barry – Engineer
• Founder & Robotics Expert at Denbar Robotics. Co-Chair of Artificial Intelligence and Robotics and Chair of Space and Physical Sciences at Singularity University. Dan has spent some time off the planet along the way.
Zhenqin James Fan – COO and Director of Manufacturing.
• James lives and breathes manufacturing in China. James has seven years experience building robots. He now lives in Shenzhen China and manages our manufacturing process.
Neil Jacobstein – VP of Strategy
• Neil has the long-term vision. Neil is co-chair of AI and Robotics at Singularity University, a Distinguished Visiting Scholar at Stanford, CEO of AI pioneer Teknowledge Co, and Crown Fellow at the Aspen Institute.
Nathaniel Manning – Current CEO
• Nathaniel knows the ins and outs of business, from The White House to Silicon Valley. Presidential Innovation Fellow on Open Data at The White House. Director of Business at Ushahidi. World Economic Forum Data Tiger Team.
Marco Mascorro – VP of Engineering
• Marco could build a robot with his eyes closed. Mechatronics Engineering. Engineer – BMW, Germany. 6+ years in robotics competitions and exhibitions such as RocoCup, RoboGames and the International Robot Exhibition in Tokyo.
Tasha McCauley – VP of Design and Creative Director
• Tasha brings beauty and user-centric design to our work. AI and Robotics at University of Southern California. Designer and Builder at Applied Minds. Director of Innovation Lab at Singularity University.
Tuna Oezer – VP of Software
• Tuna builds intelligence into hardware. Tuna is a software designer with a PhD in Artificial Intelligence. He worked at Google in their Search team before joining Fellow Robots.
CAPOSITION TYPE:Full time
IDEAL QUALIFICATIONS:• Proven entrepreneurial experience, team building, taking products to market, and building a startup • Financial planning, highly capable financial modeling, and presentation skills • Minimum five years experience as a business leader • Experience in hardware highly valued • Experience raising funds • Experience public speaking
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:• Managing the finances and business decisions of the company • Lead, pitch, and manage investment rounds • Strategic business and market analysis • Negotiate distribution and partner deals • Lead marketing and sales • Manage hiring of business team • Recruiting and managing Board of Directors and Advisory Board • Public speaking
COMPENSATION:Fellow Robots can offer a combination of salary and equity.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.