Financial Republic is an innovative and enterprise focused microfinance institution based in Ghana, which offers micro-savings and microloans to its clients, accompanied with financial education to...
17 Jun 2013
Opportunity has expired
Placements (short to medium-term)
Come and get practical experience with one of the fastest-growing microfinance companies in Ghana
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
There are two types of role on offer:
- Experienced volunteer: short-term placement of minimum 2 weeks, to work on a bespoke project (see areas below). Has circa 5+ years professional experience in any sector
- Volunteer placement: minimum 3-month placement for a bespoke project / role (see areas below). Ideal for a graduate or MBA student looking to gain practical experience on the ground.
The specific areas around which we hope to tailor our roles (depending on the individual) include:
- Operations (finance, auditing, services etc)
- Risk management & corporate governance
- Strategy & communications
- Social performance
If you feel you have something to offer in all/any of these areas, we would love to hear from you.
[We regret we are unable to pay our volunteers, but we provide in-country transport].
As a company, Financial Republic, and Ghana generally, has so much to offer you, and we hope to really benefit from the excellent skills of a broad-range of applicants.
Have a look at our website, and also a little video we made:
The applications instructions are below.
If you are looking for more than just a holiday(!) and want to make a difference, please submit your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com.Detail why you would be suitable for a specific or general project, and what your general motivations are for undertaking the placement. Do also state what might be your approximate start and end dates (Financial Republic is flexible on these). We accept applicants year-round.We look forward to hearing from you.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.