Financial Republic is an innovative and enterprise focused microfinance institution based in Ghana, which offers micro-savings and microloans to its clients, accompanied with financial education to...
27 Feb 2014
Opportunity has expired
Volunteer Internships - MicroFinance (Accra, Ghana)
Opportunities for Talented professionals looking to gain challenging and rewarding experience of Retail Banking and Branch Operations.
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
Financial Republic Microfinance Services Limited (www.financial-republic.com) is a dynamic, young, ambitious expanding enterprise looking to further strengthen its activities both in the UK and Africa.
Licensed by the Bank of Ghana and fully accredited with an 'A' rating from Ghana Association of Microfinance Companies, we have 4 Branches across ACCRA, employing over 120 staff with 7,000 Clients from word of mouth alone.
At the heart of FR's vision and mission, are its Clients. Our Clients are extremely diverse, but every single one is treated as an individual and we aim to tailor our products to personal circumstances as much as possible.
We offer micro-finance savings and micro-finance loan products. Additionally, we are committed to providing financial education and business advisory services. We feel very proud to already be delivering real financial freedom to our Clients.
We have formed impressive partnerships with prestigious organisations and we are continually looking to partner with new ones to deliver the FR agenda for sustained social and economic growth on behalf of our Clients.
However, our Mission is far from complete - we are ready to grow to the next level and are seeking talented, educated, enthusiastic, individuals to help deliver the next phase on a Volunteer Intern basis.
Personal & Technical Skill Requirements (all opportunities):
- Strong problem solving and strategic thinking skills
- Excellent communication skills - verbal & written
- Commitment to promote FR Mission, Values & Strategy
- Excellent and rigorous analysis skills
- Ability to work co-operatively and flexibly with others, internally and externally
- Knowledge of best practice techniques (desirable)
- Custom Research
- Able to define and build evaluation models
- Disseminate actionable market intelligence
- Self motivated
- IT literacy to an advanced level
Commitment: Minimum 6 - 12 months
Ideally, you will have professional experience in one of the following areas:
- Retail Banking / Branch Operations/ Credit Analysis
- Treasury Management / Accounts
- Sales Strategy / Operations
- Marketing & Communications
- Risk Management and Governance
- Social Media/ Videography.
Please email your application and CV, with your chosen expression of interest to:
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.