The team behind sugru, a handy new thing. So handy, in fact, that we think that some day people won't know how they did without it. (Jane is at @janeonbike)
New York, United States
4 Sep 2013
Opportunity has expired
Assist the Head of Business Development N. America in coordinating the administration and office for sugru.com. Help us meet our goals!
New York, United States
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
Our company is based on the premise that everyone is creative, and can find meaning and happiness in creative acts like fixing, modifying and making. We're obsessed with serving our customers, helping enable and champion creativity in all its forms.
sugru is our product, and people seem to really like it, so we're growing quickly. In the last 3 years, we've grown from a 2-person shop to a 50-strong team of awesome people. We love working here, and we think it shows. Why join the sugru team?
Our team. This is the most interesting mix of smart, humble, driven, multi-talented people we've ever been in a room with. We're united by a common goal, and we're excited about the future, not least because we want to help shape it.
Growth. It's rare for people who join our team to be doing exactly the same job in 6 months' time. We try to make sure that every one of our team is playing to their strengths, and the way we work naturally rewards initiative, excellence and a can-do attitude.
We're only getting started. We've seen some huge successes over the last 3 years, but this is a beginning. We believe that sugru is an idea for the ages, and we're not going to stop until every last person has a chance to use with it.
Job Description We are very excited to have recently opened our first office in North America, New York to be precise, and now we’re looking for someone to help our Head of Business Development - North America guide our first steps there.
Purpose: To assist the Head of Business Development – North America in coordinating the administration and office running for sugru.com in order to help meet its goals.
- Day to day running of the office
- Maintaining a professional environment and taking an active role in landlord and local government liaison
- Facilities and Space Management - overseeing the use of the team calendar and meeting room access
- Managing the company insurance policies and reporting changes
- Assisting the Finance Manager in bookkeeping and financial office administration
- Managing general inductions for new employees
- Assisting the Head of Business Development – North America in tracking general management spending against budgets set
- IT and telecommunications purchasing and liaising with support companies
- IT purchasing - software and hardware
Head of Business Development – North America
- An articulate and clear communicator
- Efficient and able to think laterally
- Positive ‘can do’ approach and enjoys trouble shooting
- Flexible and open attitude to assist with general studio projects
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Commitment to the company's vision
- Attention to detail, organized and flexible
- Ability to work closely with the Business Development Manager – North America to apply a proactive approach to the role
- A natural multi-tasker
- Proficient in utilizing PowerPoint for presentations
- Masterful at Excel
- Knowledgeable of basic bookkeeping practices
- Experience reviewing legal documents and making recommendations
- Experience with Vendor relationships
- Proficient with Google mail and scheduling
Possible Development of the Role
As the company grows the role may include coordination of a larger team, and managing the administrative and clerical aspects of North American growth.
If you're a recruiter, please don't contact us about this role.
www.sugru.com / twitter: @sugru / facebook.sugru.com / flickr: projectsugru
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.