Launched in 2010, Funding Circle is transforming the way the UK financial services market operates, by offering a fresh, cutting-edge and disruptive approach to finance. We have facilitated over £150M to UK SMEs from retail investors, central and local government and are looking for a super-star to join our fast-growing company.
London, United Kingdom
26 Sep 2013
Opportunity has expired
Help drive the strategic direction of one of London's fastest growing tech businesses
London, United Kingdom
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
The role is varied, with exposure across the entire business and will involve working closely with operations, marketing and product teams.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Working with the VP of Strategic Business Development to shape the growth strategy and support with special projects, such as attracting institutional lending and working with the UK government to support SME finance and liaise on regulatory changes.
- Market and competitor analysis – tracking competitor performance, identifying and analysing new trends across different market segments.
- Analysing potential new geographies for expansion.
- Developing new product propositions, for both lenders and borrowers.
- Working closely with Product, Marketing and Operations teams to plan, manage and support the implementation of these strategies and special projects.
- Ideally minimum 2:1 degree qualification
- Preferably 2-3 years’ experience at a top tier strategy consulting firm or a strategic role in a top tier firm
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to draw strategic insights from analysis and communicate concisely and effectively with junior and senior stakeholders within and outside the business
- Experience leading and managing own modules of work
- Adaptability and willingness to roll sleeves up and get involved with all parts of the business
- Collaborative, comfortable working across several different teams
- Excited about improving access to finance for SMEs and about seeing your recommendations come alive
- Experience in financial services not essential, but an advantage
Are you someone with a start-up attitude? Are you hungry, energetic, and multi-talented; love coming up with better ways to do things; you speak up and have plenty of ideas but are interested in hearing other people’s too; you work hard, learn fast, and do whatever it takes to get the job done, but you know how to let your hair down on a Friday (or Thursday) night! If so, we would like to hear more from you.
Please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.