Future First’s vision is that every state school and college should be supported by a thriving, engaged alumni community. In four years Future First has grown into a national presence in over 500 UK state schools.
We are now seeking an ambitious CEO to take the organisation to international scale.
In the short-term, the CEO will be responsible for working with the Managing Director and Board to support the consolidation and continued growth of our UK operations.
We are looking for an incredible person to join our dynamic team in London to plan and oversee the strategic development of Future First from a programmatic, UK based organization to one that influences policy, shares best practice and establishes programmes internationally;
Our ideal candidate:
- 10 years or more of work experience including at least 4 years as part of a senior leadership team of an organization of at least £1m turnover;
- Considerable expertise and experience in the education/youth/social mobility sectors;
- A track record of playing a key role in growing and providing quality assurance in leading charities/social enterprises;
- Someone who has excellent staff and project management skills;
- A strong understanding of communications and experience in developing and implementing communications strategies;
- Appreciation of international education trends and varying global education systems;
- Experience managing relationships with major donors, government and policy thought leaders;
- Significant experience at a senior level of financial planning, management and monitoring;
- Significant experience at a senior level of strategic planning;
- Experience of business development, sales and fundraising strategies, identifying new sources of income and driving implementation;
- Experience of ensuring the financial viability of projects/products by effective management of income generation, sales and resource allocation;
- Significant experience of leading and motivating operational teams;
- Significant experience of change management and organisational development;
- Knowledge of developing effective IT systems;
- Knowledge of charity and corporate governance;
- Experience of reporting and advising senior management and/or trustees in relation to a number of the following: finance, resource allocation income generation, sales, fundraising, IT, communications, advocacy, human resources, insight into the changing world of education, local authorities and international trends in education.
This role is for an initial 12 month contract, including a 3 month probationary period. People with more commercial experience combined with a strong passion for and experience within the sector are encouraged to apply alongside those who have careers developed solely in the sector.
We look forward to hearing from you!