FutureLearn exists to bring everyone everywhere the opportunity to learn for life by bringing together experts from some of the world’s best Universities with anyone who has the desire to learn. We...
London, United Kingdom
13 Aug 2013
Opportunity has expired
Social Media Lead
All round social media superstar required for start up
London, United Kingdom
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
You'll be responsible for ensuring that FutureLearn is building communities that support learning and build engagement with the platform and drive course enrolment.
You'll ensure that the FutureLearn brand is enhanced by social activities and activity creates brand advocates as well as protecting it from being damaged by community mismanagement and other reputational risks.
Essentially, you will ensure that FutureLearn is the best in the game when it comes to social learning.
- Oversee and encourage all social activity on the FutureLearn platform.
- Create, implement and develop house rules and community guidelines, plus policies and action plans around managing community issues.
- Create policies and approaches to ensure the protection and inclusion of vulnerable users (e.g. children).
- Manage and maintain the relationship with an external moderation agency.
- Create engagement strategies with other social platforms and oversee and encourage FutureLearn related social interactions on platforms such as Twitter, Facebook and Google+ and manage official spaces (e.g. groups, hashtags).
- Work with partners to encourage best practice and good community management both on and off platform, by creating training, handbooks and regularly sharing case studies.
- Make recommendations, champion and support the product team in the development of social features and advise on best practice in areas such as sharing and using the social graphs of our users.
- Support and guide marketing, customer service and business activities that have a social dimension.
- Track, analyse and learn from social analytics in order to improve FutureLearn’s social approach both to learning and user engagement.
- Understand, track and learn from the social approaches of our competitors and new ways that social media is being used to support learning.
- Represent the voices of our users at all levels of the business.
You will have...
- Overseen, managed and taken part in digital communities on social platforms.
- Demonstrable experience of hosting, moderation and creating necessary policies and action plans.
- Successfully managed brands in social spaces such as Twitter, Facebook and Google+.
- Disseminated knowledge and best practice around social media.
- An interest or experience in formal or informal eLearning.
- An interest or experience of digital product development and working within an agile product development process.
The social lead will...
- Live and breathe social media and intimately understand the dominant social platforms, be aware of the niche products and the potential big platforms of the future.
- Have a wealth of knowledge and expertise around managing online communities and be able to provide an anecdote and words of wisdom for all potential scenarios.
- Be passionate about the potential of massive open learning.
- Be empathetic to all groups of users and be know how to guide conversations.
- Be great at telling stories and influencing peoples thinking.
- Be resilient, motivated and proactive and use their initiative.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.